none
Subscribed icon missing RRS feed

• Question

• Since this morning i am missing the subscribed icon on new threads that i answered. Older ones are still shown.

Also answering does not open a window under the thread as normally, instead a new browser window opens which is not that comfortable to use. It contains an kiond of GUI number like this way:

Directory Services > RODC DMZ Registry Setting - What happens when other 2008 DCs are joined to the network? > b1c6d50f-d07d-487c-a2ce-76b96a6fa393

I am using Windows 7 32bit with IE8 and all altest updates are applied.

Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    Friday, February 18, 2011 8:35 AM

Answers

• The update should be live in an hour or two. Let me know if this resolves the 'broken' editor experiences.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by Meinolf Weber Friday, February 25, 2011 2:24 AM
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:56 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. Are you facing issues with subscribing forums Alerts? Can you please provide us more details regarding your issue so that we can investigate it further.

Thank you,

Siddharth Chavan Tier II Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team.
    Friday, February 18, 2011 9:39 AM
  • Hello, i have no poblems with forum alerts. Why do you think about the alerts? I didn't mention them. A new window opens if i like to answer and i can't even read the thread as before with just scrolling up/down, i have to open a second time the thread as i do it now. Only the REPLY Window is open without the formatting options as you normally see. I don't know if you are able to see the icon on any way, here is one of my answered threads which doesn't contain it. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverMigration/thread/af207d45-ddcb-4cf6-a81e-321ebbaba9e3 And here i add the open window i see during answering to Windows Sky drive: http://cid-009d8c87dbea5514.photos.live.com/self.aspx/MVP-DS/TecProblem/threadanswer.png I have the same situation when using the IE8 No Add-ons version.
    Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 2:36 PM
  • Hello, i have no poblems with forum alerts. Why do you think about the alerts? I didn't mention them. A new window opens if i like to answer and i can't even read the thread as before with just scrolling up/down, i have to open a second time the thread as i do it now. Only the REPLY Window is open without the formatting options as you normally see. I don't know if you are able to see the icon on any way, here is one of my answered threads which doesn't contain it. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverMigration/thread/af207d45-ddcb-4cf6-a81e-321ebbaba9e3 And here i add the open window i see during answering to Windows Sky drive: http://cid-009d8c87dbea5514.photos.live.com/self.aspx/MVP-DS/TecProblem/threadanswer.png I have the same situation when using the IE8 No Add-ons version.

Hello,

strange for me is that just now i am able to use the "correct" option in this thread, the quote works. But as you see above my formatting placed in the previous answer, as shown in the picture, is complete removed.

Saturday, February 19, 2011 2:44 PM
  • Hello, now again the problem way is used, where i just like to mention that are proposed as answered look different and also a Quote. Again added screenshots to Windows Sky Drive: http://cid-009d8c87dbea5514.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/MVP-DS/TecProblem
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 3:07 PM
  • Hello,

closing the window and then chosing the thread name in the to line to reply or quote on the thread itself result in the normal option to answer, including the formatting options.

What happens when other 2008 DCs are joined to the network? > b1c6d50f-d07d-487c-a2ce-76b96a6fa393

So chosing What happens when other 2008 DCs are joined to the network? allows to work normally but then going back to the main page starts the same problem.

I am really confused now as this answer was normal to write but as said before only on the thread. It is not possible in the complete thread overview.

EDIT: rightclick a thread and open it in a new window allows to work normally in the thread with all previous answers and formatting option.

EDIT2: Auto refresh from the website is also not logner working. I have to use F5 manual instead.

Saturday, February 19, 2011 3:48 PM
  • The issues where reply, quote and the other thread actins opening in a new window (the reply without the editor) is a known issue, we hope to have a fix on Thursday for this. This should only be happening if you are using these actions from the thread preview. Users can work around this by opening the thread it its own page and then using these actions.

I don't understand what exactly is meant by 'subscribe icon'.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:30 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello Brent,

the missing icon, i talk about the "bell" on the right of the header, was the first i saw when answering with the "broken" way.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:34 AM
  • The update should be live in an hour or two. Let me know if this resolves the 'broken' editor experiences.
    • Marked as answer by Meinolf Weber Friday, February 25, 2011 2:24 AM
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:56 PM
    Answerer

Hello Brent,

it is working as before, hope it stays this way. Thanks for your support.

Friday, February 25, 2011 2:24 AM