none
Is my boyfriend spying on me?

Question

• I don't know much about computers at all, but I start school for IT next month. I was wondering if someone could tell me what kind of things are out there for someone to spy on you? My boyfriend spends a lot of time on the pc and OUR smartphones. The HTC smartphones do not have service right now so we can only use them for the net at home or where there's an open wifi network. He is always downloading apps and programs, and I have found some questionable things on my laptop and my HTC. He plays dumb and acts like someone else is hacking into our devices, but I think it is him spying on me. I have found some of my texts from my old phone on my laptop that were way deep in some strange file. It's like he always knows what I'm doing, or is asking me questions, to see if I'm going to lie to him or something. My HTC's sync icon will start up at odd times when I'm not trying to get my email or anything like that. I need help. I have nothing to hide, but I feel like he knows everysingle thing I click on or key I push and I'm tired of it. There are things on my laptop that are locked, like even a recycle bin, and picture folder, that I can't access even from my sys admin acct. Could anyone tell me why this is? He has all kinds of players, encryption/decryption things, file managers, and apps that he's always messing with. He will take my phone and switch the sd card's telling me some bs of what he's doing, like it's something for my music or something like that, and then switch them back. I don't believe him because he is out of town right now, and when I disconnected the internet from both the HTC's and from my pc's, he called a couple hours later and was super pissed off but couldn't come up with a reason why. Please, somebody help me! Am I going crazy? Or is he able to see every single move I make?
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:05 AM

All replies

• We're watching you too! :p

Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:41 PM
  • Hi Erinlee,

I'm glad you wrote in.

The problem is not with your computers or phone, the problem is with your "boyfriend."

It sounds like your suspicions are true, and he is spying on you. He clearly has a need to control you and know whatever you're doing, and I'm guessing that you see this in other ways, not just on the computer.

The bigger question is whether you want to stay with someone like this?

Trust me, things will not get better, but he will continue to control you more and more. If he hasn't already, he'll start isolating you from friends and family, telling you that they are not to be trusted. He'll start driving you to school and to work, claiming that he's trying to protect you. He'll say he's doing all these things because he loves you.

This is no way to live.

If he's still out of town, as hard as it would be to do, you should literally pack up your stuff and move. Don't take the phone or computer, just get new ones, with different phone and internet accounts.

Don't tell him or anyone he knows where you've gone.

If you have no other way, call a women's shelter right away, and go stay there. They will not tell anyone where you are, and will not tell him you are there.

I know this all sounds drastic, but this guy is bad news, and will continue to control your life more and more.

Here's what you need to do: Get a pay-as-you-go cellphone, get a post office box, and use them to make an appointment with a counselor. Only give out your new phone number and PO Box address to the counselor, and save it for use in case you do need to or decide to move. If your boyfriend has access to your medical insurance records, call them on your new phone, change your address to the PO Box, and change your phone number with them to the new phone. Don't tell your boyfriend you're doing any of this!

Please do get some help with this, but don't let him know anything, and don't use your computer or phone for anything you don't want him to know about!

Sunday, December 16, 2012 8:08 PM
  • It is not difficult to spy someone's computer or cellphone in these days because of the large number of spy software online. such as PC Desktop Spy Keylogger and Voice Chat Spy Recorder are monitoring software which can record keystroke, voice chat and capture screen shot secretly. and it's quite troublesome to find it out and remove it. The best way to get rid of it is to reinstall your computer and cellphone systems.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:07 AM