Lead is Disqualified but still remain active? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, lead is active only when the state code is open. other than that the leads is considered inactive, am i right?
    then let say, i have an custom status reason in disqualified state. i want if user select this status, the leads state and status changing but the lead condition is still active. is that possible to archive?

Thank you.
    Friday, February 5, 2010 8:23 AM

Answers

• If I may comment here as I have a similar request from a client where the Lead remains Active but is no longer required in the Active Lead list.

By way of background, there has already been some qualification with the Lead and whilst the relationship hasn't progressed at this time, the client doesn't want to Deactivate the Lead, preferring to move it to a marketing list where periodic touches via email will be initiated. 

The status reason can be changed * and, upon this change the Lead is moved to the marketing list remaining in the Active state. However, it is at this point the Lead is no longer required in the Open Lead list.

Perhaps this could be done by simply using a filter on Leads with a status *  i.e. do not include Leads with status * reaons in any Open Lead List.

Does this help at all?
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:56 PM

All replies

• hi,

can you explain your question once again.

are you using any custom attribue?
    Friday, February 5, 2010 8:58 AM
  • yes, i'm using custom status reason.
    so i'm adding a custom status reason into disqualified state. let say the name is PreQualified.
    what i want is, if user choose this state (disqualify), the lead condition remain active (have convert leads button, has follow up button, all form attribute active) just like Open state.

is that possible?

thank you
    Friday, February 5, 2010 9:58 AM
  • When you edit the status reasons for a Lead in the customisations area of MSCRM make sure you have the Active state selected in the picklist and add yo ur desired reason (Pre-Qualified)
    Friday, February 5, 2010 11:48 PM
  • Thank you for the answer Rhett. but it's not really what my client want. my client want to have Inactive state to become active state. is there no possible way to archive this? maybe set some JavaScript to check the state and then change some flag?

Thank you.
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 1:47 AM
  • Ok Augus, I need to make sure we are under same understanding here.

In MSCRM a Lead has a state (statecode) and a status reason (statuscode). Now there are 2 states, Inactive and Active. Each state and can have many status reason's. So Active could have status's such as Pre Qualified, Qualified and Inactive could have status's of Disqualified, Rejected,...etc..

Two common actions performed include:
    1. When you Deactivate (make Inactive) a Lead you can choose the Inactive status reason .
    2. When you want to change the status while the Lead is Active you can just change the picklist value of status reason.  

How does this differ from what you need?
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 8:32 PM
  • If I may comment here as I have a similar request from a client where the Lead remains Active but is no longer required in the Active Lead list.

By way of background, there has already been some qualification with the Lead and whilst the relationship hasn't progressed at this time, the client doesn't want to Deactivate the Lead, preferring to move it to a marketing list where periodic touches via email will be initiated. 

The status reason can be changed * and, upon this change the Lead is moved to the marketing list remaining in the Active state. However, it is at this point the Lead is no longer required in the Open Lead list.

Perhaps this could be done by simply using a filter on Leads with a status *  i.e. do not include Leads with status * reaons in any Open Lead List.

Does this help at all?
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:56 PM