none
Resetting passwords for vendor account in vendor portal

Question

• I was told there is no way to reset password for vendor in vendor portal.  The only way is to remove the account and re create using claim user (the whole cycle).  This is not flexible!

There are bound to be cases vendor type in the password more than attempts set in the password policy, and we just cant afford to re-create vendor account all the time.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• You have asked in the wrong forum. This forum is for questions and discussions about the TechNet Wiki. I cannot tell what  type of portal you refer to, so I don't know where you should ask your question. A portal where an admin cannot reset the password would not be useful.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, September 29, 2016 2:04 PM
  • If this is ADFS you could ask over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserverDS%2CADFS&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 2:52 PM
  • You have asked in the wrong forum. This forum is for questions and discussions about the TechNet Wiki. I cannot tell what  type of portal you refer to, so I don't know where you should ask your question. A portal where an admin cannot reset the password would not be useful.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

>> A portal where an admin cannot reset the password would not be useful. 

Totally agree :-)
    +5

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Thursday, September 29, 2016 9:20 PM
  • Sorry wrong forum... there is too many forums to ask questions and I thought I went to correct the 2nd time, end up still wrong.  Thanks for the help anyway.
    Friday, September 30, 2016 6:36 AM
  • Don't worry Sharon,

First of all everyone can make mistakes. Moreover you are totally correct :-)
    There are several thousand forums in MSDN and it is VERY hard to find the right forum, if you don't have the direct URL in advance.

I will give you 2 tips regarding finding the right forum:

1. Save this article... In this article you have a list of forums by Language -> category -> and topic
    It's very useful

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/34901.list-of-forums-by-languages-categories-and-field-of-discussions.aspx

2. Read this post. It explain about the Forums URL. Once you understand the URL format, then you can find forums even if you don't know the address. simply by guessing ;-)

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/forumninjas/forums-url-format/

Back to your question, I did not understand if you got an answer or this is still open issue. Please clarify.

If this is still an issue, please clarify a bit more. Which portal are you talking about? We will try to give you the direct answer ot give you the URL address of the forum that fit your need ;-)

Again, don't feel bad... It is truly hard to find forums in the MSDN interface, and that is why we are here to help

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Friday, September 30, 2016 9:17 AM
  • I have posted to the right forum. Thanks for the helps :)

sharonchong

Monday, October 10, 2016 2:47 AM