Versions of Money RRS feed

• Question

• I currently run Money 2003. Is the the last version of MOney available before Microsoft discontinued supply/support? I've read about Money 2005 in the Forum, and even reference to 2007??

If there is a version after 2003 where can I get hold of it?

Sunday, December 16, 2012 10:18 AM

All replies

• Since your response in December, I have upgraded from XP to Windows7 64bit and had all my data files transferred to Documents Library including my Money 2005 file. I am using 14.0.120.730 which I established from the Help/About menu in the Sample file. I believe I need to use version 14.0.120.1105 so perhaps you could confirm how to do this and giving me the relevant links.

Just to make you aware of my latest attempt to open my Money 2005 file I proceeded as follows:

1 Opened up current version of Money( 14.0.120.730)

2 I was the asked to sign in using Microsoft.NET Passport, I entered the log in details that I have been using successfully before

3 A 'Conversion' window appears ie I'm invited to create a new file after which Money will apparently automatically update to the latest version. So, I clicked New on the File menu as instructed and entered a new file name

4 I was then asked to sign into my Money file using Microsoft.NET Passport as in (2) which I did. I then got the message 'The email address or password is incorrect. Please try again'

5 I don't understand why logging on at (2) which then took me to step 3 without any error message yet when I repeat the sign-in at (4) I get an error message. Maybe there is a problem carrying over my MS.NET Passport details from XP to W7? I presume the sign-in details are linked to my current Money file?

Getting very frustrated!! Hopefully, you can help...

Saturday, February 9, 2013 12:07 PM
  • I tried to follow the link you suggested ie

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26915

but got the following message:

We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.
    The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer available.

Any ideas what to do next?! I take your point about Passport but don't recall ever being warned to delete it. By the way, should I not have the new/updated program stored in Documents Library (where the data is) rather than in C:Programs? I'm running programs on C an SSD and keeping my data on D a seperate HD.

Saturday, February 9, 2013 2:20 PM
  • The link you quote has not existed in the updated first post in this forum for some considerable time.

Read the post, not a stored copy of it.

Saturday, February 9, 2013 3:05 PM
  • Can you not just give me the link please...!
    Saturday, February 9, 2013 4:28 PM
  • Saturday, February 9, 2013 5:34 PM