CRM 2011 Install RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All

Just a quick question, My company are looking at installing CRM 2011 and have had a quote from a MS Partner and was wondering can I do a self install of the CRM 2011 software or must it be carried out by a licensed MS Partner?

Monday, July 4, 2011 10:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Keep in mind that CRM is not just something you "install". The real value of using MS CRM comes when you have an implementation strategy that reflects your business processes in order to gain productivity for your organization. While you might be able to "install" by yourself there are a number of things you need to consider for which you might require a partner:

• Do you have the infrastructure for CRM and have the capability to manage / create it?
    • Do you know the best implementation strategy?
    • Which modules/customizations will you use, etc?

That's why I would suggest selecting a partner with plenty of CRM experience since in most cases the IT team does not have the experience to implement CRM.

If you want a proof of concept, you can always create a CRM Organization in the Cloud (CRM Online) which you can play with without nhaving to worry about infrastructure/installation.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Monday, July 4, 2011 1:25 PM
  • CRM 2011 is not a shrink-wrapped install like Word or Excel.  It is an enterprise class CRM application and you would be far better off working with an experienced CRM-certified partner than trying to go it alone.  The time and effort you will save in doing things wrong or incompletely will more than make up for the money you'd pay a partner for services and advice.
    Monday, May 6, 2013 3:45 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Once the software has been purchased and licensed then you are free to install it yourself. Please refer to the Installation guides however as there are a lot of different options when you comes to installation and configuration. My Advice to you however, is that Microsoft Partners are here to help you get it right first time. They can help you avoid common mistakes and heartaches as this is something we do day in and day out.

I have been involved in many projects where we have taken over an existing installation where the CRM deployment manager has created entities and fields with no regards to process design or usability.  In my experience with end users, you have only one chance to win them over with a great system design – if you cause them frustrations you have lost them forever.

Tony

• Proposed as answer by TD-CRM Tuesday, July 5, 2011 3:46 PM
    Monday, July 4, 2011 11:05 AM
  • Hi,

You can install the application by your self and even can download a 90 days trial version of MS Dynamics CRM 2011 with trail keys http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=23605

You can also follow the installation instruction at the following Url: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg554690.aspx

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Monday, July 4, 2011 11:53 AM
  • Hi,

Keep in mind that CRM is not just something you "install". The real value of using MS CRM comes when you have an implementation strategy that reflects your business processes in order to gain productivity for your organization. While you might be able to "install" by yourself there are a number of things you need to consider for which you might require a partner:

• Do you have the infrastructure for CRM and have the capability to manage / create it?
    • Do you know the best implementation strategy?
    • Which modules/customizations will you use, etc?

That's why I would suggest selecting a partner with plenty of CRM experience since in most cases the IT team does not have the experience to implement CRM.

If you want a proof of concept, you can always create a CRM Organization in the Cloud (CRM Online) which you can play with without nhaving to worry about infrastructure/installation.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Monday, July 4, 2011 1:25 PM
  • CRM 2011 is not a shrink-wrapped install like Word or Excel.  It is an enterprise class CRM application and you would be far better off working with an experienced CRM-certified partner than trying to go it alone.  The time and effort you will save in doing things wrong or incompletely will more than make up for the money you'd pay a partner for services and advice.
    Monday, May 6, 2013 3:45 PM