none
Change picture on Home Page RRS feed

• Question

• What is the picture named on the home page & where and what is the home page's location & filename?
    Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:49 AM

All replies

• The picture is a PNG file and it is located in c:\Inetpub somewhere. I don't have access to my box (or at least the remote desktop part) from work, so I can't nail it down exactly. The picture isn't just the picture, but the photo and the white border around it, so take a look at it first before you replace it. I did it on mine, you can see it here.
    Wednesday, June 20, 2007 1:49 PM
  •  jstueve wrote:
    The picture is a PNG file and it is located in c:\Inetpub somewhere. I don't have access to my box (or at least the remote desktop part) from work, so I can't nail it down exactly. The picture isn't just the picture, but the photo and the white border around it, so take a look at it first before you replace it. I did it on mine, you can see it here.

Jstueve

I see you have WHS WEBGUIDE installed, did you get the "Play Album" feature to work remotely and play in WMP??

I

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 1:59 PM
  • not yet.. streaming works fairly well (this is a 800Mhx PIII machine with 512 MB RAM), it hiccups in transcoding larger resolution vidoes, but plays xvid tv recordings pretty good (Verizon FIOS upload is handy!)

but although I did the media player library import, no albums show up... so I'll be TS that tonight.
    Wednesday, June 20, 2007 2:19 PM
  •  jstueve wrote:
    not yet.. streaming works fairly well (this is a 800Mhx PIII machine with 512 MB RAM), it hiccups in transcoding larger resolution vidoes, but plays xvid tv recordings pretty good (Verizon FIOS upload is handy!)

but although I did the media player library import, no albums show up... so I'll be TS that tonight.

sawpur post in Developer forum for Webguide you should check out the other thread\

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1736308&SiteID=50

I have it Streaming video dvd and music and also my pictures.

maybe we can exchange notes?

Webguide is pretty cool.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 8:27 PM
  • I agree!  WebGuide is nice.. I'd appreciate any notes you'd share with getting music to be seen.  I've gotten the Music sharing account Media Player library searched.  but no music or albums show up... might ditch and rebuild the MP library tonight.

I read elsewhere that you've gotten sharepoint up and running too.  that would be my next addition, but I'm afraid my wittle ol 800MHz processor might go on strike.  But here's to danger!

my email addy is in my profile.
    Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:21 PM
  •  jstueve wrote:
    The picture is a PNG file and it is located in c:\Inetpub somewhere. I don't have access to my box (or at least the remote desktop part) from work, so I can't nail it down exactly.

for the photos "home" c:\inetpub\home\images

for the photos "remote" c:\inetpub\remote\images

Sunday, December 9, 2007 12:40 PM