Connector not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, hope this is the right place to ask this question. I recently set up a WHS on a PC I built specifically for this task. WHS has all the latest updates. Processor is a Xeon e3110, ram is 4 gb DDR2 EEC non buffered, disk are WD Caviar Green 3 X 1 TB and 1 X 500 GB.

I have also installed XAMPP and am running an apache web server on this box. PHP and mysql running as well.

OK, so the connector fails from my home pc. I have run the toolkit and the errors all hit on anything to do with TCP 55000 and 56000.

I have confisured my firewall on my PC (McAffe) to no avail and finally removed it all together. My router is a D-Link DIR - 628 and I have tryed everyway in the world to configure it. 

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to run back-ups and it just won't do it.

Thanks,

Mike

Saturday, May 1, 2010 7:53 PM

All replies

• Can you install the connector from your \\server\software folder?
    Monday, May 3, 2010 11:52 PM
  • Probably you have a port conflict, with two (or more) pieces of software both wanting to listen on the same port.

Consider rebuilding your server, then adding one component at a time until you find the one that's causing the problem. That should help you sort it out.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 1:21 PM
  • My guess would be something related to the Apache webserver is the culprit, messing up access to the WHS default webpages (on IIS).  
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 1:28 PM