WHS Connector and Logitech WiLife RRS feed

• Question

• I order to run Wilife's Command Center in the WHS console,  the screen resolution must be at least 1024 x 720.  Apparently WHS console runs at 992 x 673.  Is there any way to change the screen resolution?  It would be great to be able to have WHS host Wilife home security software and to use WHS connector to control/view all my security cameras from any of my home network PCs.
    According to a Microsoft press release the two are compatable (http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2007/nov07/11-04WHSLaunchPR.mspx).
    Saturday, December 6, 2008 4:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The console is a fixed size as it is in effect, just a 'dressed up' RDP session to the server. Also, the purpose of the Console is as a control panel for the server, and as such, isn't seen as a general purpose means of accessing it. I don't see any mention on the Wilife site to say that it will run on a Server 2003 based system, so you will need to ensure that it can, (unless someone on here has it running). Also, from it's info, you just access the software over your local network using your browser which is far more straightforward.

Good luck,

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Saturday, December 6, 2008 6:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The console is a fixed size as it is in effect, just a 'dressed up' RDP session to the server. Also, the purpose of the Console is as a control panel for the server, and as such, isn't seen as a general purpose means of accessing it. I don't see any mention on the Wilife site to say that it will run on a Server 2003 based system, so you will need to ensure that it can, (unless someone on here has it running). Also, from it's info, you just access the software over your local network using your browser which is far more straightforward.

Good luck,

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Saturday, December 6, 2008 6:36 PM
  • Thank you for your response.

WiLife's Command Center runs fine under Server 2003 based system as I'm already running it.  There are certain feature's such as "Pop-up" Video warnings and Scheduled alerts that can only be configured directly and not through the browser.  As a matter of fact the "pop-up" Video warnings do work through the browser at all.  Also the video quality of the "Live" streams is better through use of the WiLife command center as compared to my browser.  I am able to access the WiLife command center through remote desktop, but the "live" video and playback streams are not supported.

To be quite honest most of issues need to be address by WiLife support.  I guess I really was hoping for the "pop-up" Video warnings to show up on the media center PCs in my home network, not to much unlike the "caller id messages" I receive now.  Combining home video security with WHS really adds a whole new dimension to home networking.

Once again thank you for your help.

Keith

Sunday, December 7, 2008 4:18 AM
  • Hi Keith,

just wondering if you now have the Wlife working 100%. Some sites say that Logitech are now supporting WHS.

Thanks.
    Neil.
    Friday, June 5, 2009 3:00 PM
  • Dear Neil,

You can run Logitech Wilife command center on a WHS Machine.  You cannot run the software through WHS connector.  If you have their platinum service you can control it through there or you must put a keyboard and a monitor on your WHS machine and directly control the Wilife Command center.  I’ve seen nothing that will allow you to send “pop-up” video alerts to your other home network computers or allow you to control the Wilife Command center from those other home computers.

Keith

Monday, June 8, 2009 6:27 PM