windows onecare icon is alway red RRS feed

• Question

•  

the windows onecare icon in the bottom right-hand corner of my screen is always red and i have just subscribed to it and its telling me that i have one day left and i need to subscribe  i dont want to pay again so what should i do??
    Tuesday, March 18, 2008 6:08 PM

Answers

•  Brad941 wrote:

the windows onecare icon in the bottom right-hand corner of my screen is always red and i have just subscribed to it and its telling me that i have one day left and i need to subscribe  i dont want to pay again so what should i do??

If you already activated on this PC, but the status of your subscription did not update in OneCare, then something may be blocking receipt of the activation credentials for your subscription from the server. If you have any other security software in place on the PC, remove it. Disable any Parental Controls, and try activation again with the same LiveID.

Also,

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Note that your PC will still be protected during a 'grace period' even when it is expired, though you will not be able to use many of the functions within OneCare.

-steve

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 1:39 AM