Installation Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm getting the following error when i load the ISO into VMWare Workstation
    http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1638/homeservererrorat5.jpg
    My system specs:
    Athlon64 2800+ Socket 754
    1.5gb DDR400 RAM
    2x80GB HDD's in RAID 0
    ECS 755-A2 REV 1.0
    Radeon 9800PRO
    460w Enermax PSU

I'm thinking it could be the RAID array doing this, but I currently don't have any other systems to install this on at the moment.
    Ideas?
    Tuesday, March 13, 2007 2:45 AM

Answers

• I would make sure that your DVD drive is the first boot device in the system.

pete

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 11:57 AM

All replies

• I would make sure that your DVD drive is the first boot device in the system.

pete

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 11:57 AM
  • its in a virtual server and off a iso. there is no dvd drive to use
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:33 AM
  • WHS won't see the RAID through the VMWare emulator.  It'll see it just a single drive volume. 

Only thing I could think of would be a video driver and... well, it's already displaying the video, so.. heck if I know.

Anyone else get WHS running under VMWare?  You might try MS Virtual Server instead - it's free.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:46 AM
  • Have you tried mounting the ISO on the host machine.
    you may have more luck mounting the image first, I have notice that this will work on certain live disks when simply reading the ISO wouldn't
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:27 AM
  • i dont even get that far though. it boots off the iso, then does the "Windows is loading files" thing and then gets to that screen in the scrn shot and sits there for about a min and then gives that error

going to try mounting the iso with daemon tools right now and will post back soon
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 10:59 PM
  • works now, but its not finding the 15gb i allocated for it
    i thought maybe it was the raid doing this, so i tried loading the raid drivers for windows server 2003 but it still didnt find it

and yes the vm is set to have the 15gb hdd that i allocated

ideas?
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:18 PM
  • got fed up and installed it as the primary os, so its working now (yey)
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 3:16 AM