Auto Crop varies and specifying a fixed crop won't take RRS feed

• Question

• I have three photos that I want to create into an HDR panoramic; thus, my steps are to generate 5 panoramics (using the same 3 base photos) in 1 EV increments. 

For the first panoramic, ICE auto crops with the following dimensions:

Left: 155

Top: 294

Right: 9339

Bottom: 3370

The second panoramic, auto crop wants to apply:

Left: 155

Top: 294

Right: 9341

Bottom: 3380

and it continues to vary for each panoramic, which doesn't make any sense. The panoramics are the exact same three base photos without any modification except to EV.

If I attempt to manually crop by inserting the desired values, ICE auto corrects to a different value once I tab to the next box, and dragging the rectangle on the image just doesn't provide the fine level I need...

Any thoughts?

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:57 AM

All replies

• If you are re-running alignment for each set you shouldn't expect that the results will be indentical down to the pixel.  Small effects like noise in the image or scene motion may cause the alignment to be very slightly different between your different sets.

What you need to do is run alignment once, then re-use the alignment for each of your sets.  You can do this by editing the ICE project file. Aleks Clark did a good tutorial on this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sweeperpix/sets/72157608703660071/detail/

Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:31 AM