CRM OUTLOOK CLIENT(Disconnected mode) RRS feed

• Question

• I installed the crm outlook client with disconnected mode on windows 7, successfully.

Later, I manually removed the outlook client and the folder of "Microsoft Dynamics CRM" and "Microsoft SQL Server".

Now, i am trying to  re-install the outlook client with disconnected mode again. But it is giving me the error during installation "SQL SERVER(CRM) service is unable to start". I tried to start the service mannualy but everytime it shows the same error.

I followed all the steps that are required to mannually remove the crm client.

Please help!

Kami

Monday, May 10, 2010 10:37 AM

All replies

• I suspect that you have a SQL Server (CRM) still listed in Add/remove programs. You should have removed the SQL Express installation from Add/Remove programs.

Now that you have removed the SQL Server folder it isn't surprising that the service can't start.

Check whether SQL Server is in Add/Remove programs and whether you can remove it there. THen try the reinstallation.

Monday, May 10, 2010 11:22 AM
  • thanks for your reply.

I removed the SQL Express installation. but the SQL Server (CRM) is still there.

Monday, May 10, 2010 11:36 AM
  • How did you remove the SQL Express installation?

You might have more than one SQL Server installation - perhaps another application added an instance of SQL Server. In Add/Remove highlight Microsoft SQL Server and then click Change. There you should each sql server instance listed. Are you able to select the CRM one to remove?

Monday, May 10, 2010 11:41 AM
  • Yes, another SQL Express installation is also there. I removed the CRM one. now the CRM SQL express is not in the Add/Remove programs. The "SQL Server(CRM)" service is still there but not running.

IS there a way to remove the "SQL Server(CRM)" service manually.

Monday, May 10, 2010 12:07 PM
  • Try the following in a command prompt:

sc delete mssql$crm

Monday, May 10, 2010 12:20 PM