none
Microsoft money quotes not getting quotes anymore RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone experience this please on MS Money Quotes software?

I get error “ Failed to update quotes. Failed to fetch quotes from MSN Money”

• Edited by finwizzard Friday, June 21, 2019 12:15 PM
    Friday, June 21, 2019 11:46 AM

All replies

• I just tried, and I got that too.

I then tried http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/stockdetails/nas-msft/fi-a1xzim?symbol=MSFT&form=PRFIEQ

It had brief quote info, but then said "Data not available".

Friday, June 21, 2019 12:19 PM
  • Me too.  Suspect this is a MSN Money issue.  Hopefully they will sort it soon.
    Friday, June 21, 2019 12:21 PM
  • http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/stockdetails/nas-msft/fi-a1xzim?symbol=MSFT&form=PRFIEQ Works now.

However the MS Money Quotes still is giving an error indication.

Friday, June 21, 2019 2:06 PM
  • Yes. I get the same result. Worked fine yesterday but not working today.
    Friday, June 21, 2019 3:56 PM
  • I can't get it to work either.   But I can update stock price data via an excel import.  

john r

Friday, June 21, 2019 8:49 PM
  • MSN Money quotes working now.
    Saturday, June 22, 2019 7:26 AM
  • So it is!
    Saturday, June 22, 2019 11:36 AM
  • Gone again.
    Friday, June 28, 2019 7:54 AM
  • Yup (:
    Friday, June 28, 2019 7:59 AM
  • no quote i am sad and i hope it will come back!!

NSF

bizarre car le 24 juin money dit "une erreur s'est produite lors de votre dernier appel "money n'a pu se connecter au serveur fournissant les cotations boursières vérifiez votre connexion internet  puis réessayez or ce n'est pas moneyquote mais Microsoft!! dans "vérifiez les résultats de la mise à jour"comme au bon vieux temps!!
    • Edited by nicole 78 Friday, June 28, 2019 5:37 PM
    Friday, June 28, 2019 5:30 PM
  • no quote i am sad and i hope it will come back!!

NSF

bizarre car le 24 juin money dit "une erreur s'est produite lors de votre dernier appel "money n'a pu se connecter au serveur fournissant les cotations boursières vérifiez votre connexion internet  puis réessayez or ce n'est pas moneyquote mais Microsoft!! dans "vérifiez les résultats de la mise à jour"comme au bon vieux temps!!
    bizarre because the 24th of June money says "an error occurred during your last call" money could not connect to the server providing the stock quotes check your internet connection and try again gold is not moneyquote but Microsoft !! in "check the results of the update" as in the good old days !!
    Friday, June 28, 2019 6:54 PM
  • Not working for me this evening 28/06/19

Friday, June 28, 2019 7:39 PM
  • hi!!

thank you for the translation

NSF

Saturday, June 29, 2019 1:37 PM
  • This time looks like a different issue if error messages are a clue.

On 29 June message received on running MoneyQuotes appears normal:

"Successfully updated quotes

Press any key..."

BUT prices are updated as at 26 June.

Saturday, June 29, 2019 5:54 PM
  • hi can you translate in french thank you

NSF

Monday, July 1, 2019 2:29 PM
  • cela ne marche pas sorry

NSF

Monday, July 1, 2019 2:32 PM
  • thank you

NSF

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 2:54 PM
  • hi DAN m'a envoyé un message  pour la dernière mise à jour sauf que mon adresse email et mon ID  ne sont plus reconnus!!je n'existe plus et je ne peux pas télécharger la mise à jour de toute façon si ce ne dont que des valeurs étrangères je n'en ai pas!!

merci BILL

NSF

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 4:15 PM
  • Has anyone experience this please on MS Money Quotes software?

i have this problem too. i was sad and it come back soon!!
    Wednesday, July 3, 2019 5:33 AM
  • thank you i have already paid and it was not recognise  i try again 3 times and at the last it work i will see if moneyquote  works i will do the same thing i will paid again

nicole

NSF

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 2:28 PM
  • thank you i have already paid and it was not recognise  i try again 3 times and at the last it work i will see if moneyquote  works i will do the same thing i will paid again

nicole

NSF

its work its a good beginning for only nasdaq and eurostox and not for the french bravo à DAN

NSF

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 2:50 PM
  • MSQ working now but my equity prices are being picked up as pounds. (i.e. price of X is £4.31 but is picked up as £431). Anyone noticed this and is there a way round it please?

Thursday, July 4, 2019 8:04 AM
  • MSQ working now but my equity prices are being picked up as pounds. (i.e. price of X is £4.31 but is picked up as £431). Anyone noticed this and is there a way round it please?

Resolved! Using GBX currency over ride function works perfectly.

Thursday, July 4, 2019 10:37 AM
  • hi what do you mean by  using  GBX OVER ride thank you  in french please

NSF

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 4:38 PM
  • The solution which worked for me was to enter “GBX” in Column C of Symbolmap.csv

La solution qui a fonctionné pour moi a été d'entrer “GBX” dans la colonne C de Symbolmap.csv.

Dr AS

Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:27 AM
  • It looks like the new versions (2.4/2.5) aren't always picking up funds. I have a number that haven't updated since the 5th. An example is this:-

POLAR CAPITAL FUNDS UK ABSOLUTE EQUITY S INC
    Sedol - BQLDRV9  
    ISIN - IE00BQLDRV94
    Instrument - F00000UHSX

Anyone else seeing this?

Friday, July 12, 2019 7:25 AM
  • It looks like the new versions (2.4/2.5) aren't always picking up funds. I have a number that haven't updated since the 5th. An example is this:-

POLAR CAPITAL FUNDS UK ABSOLUTE EQUITY S INC
    Sedol - BQLDRV9  
    ISIN - IE00BQLDRV94
    Instrument - F00000UHSX

Anyone else seeing this?

My error, it is getting a quote for that one for the 10th. For the one below, it is getting a quote for the 5th. Does that mean MSN Money is getting out of date feeds?

POLAR UK VALUE OPPS S GBP ACC
    Sedol - BD81XV7
    Isin - IE00BD81XV77
    Instrument - F00000Y64U

Friday, July 12, 2019 7:44 AM
  • Roger,

Like you, I have a number of quotes picked up from MSN Money that have not been updated since 5 July. The instruments concerned are all UK OEIC / Unit Trusts. My other OEICs are daily updated (albeit late in the day). All other prices for Stocks and Investment Trusts are updating in (almost) real time.

If you check the MSN Money website you will see that the price of your product is still set at "05 July End of Day"; Since the Gaier software (Moneyquote and Excel AddIn Quotes) relies on MSN Money data I am confident that the issue is with Microsoft and not Gaier.

Since other providers like TrustNet ( https://www.trustnet.com/factsheets/o/nl5a/polar-capital-uk-value-opportunities-s-acc-gbp ) are showing up to date prices, it appears that MSN Money is just not pulling correct information (using wrong codes / instrument ?, wrong place?). Hopefully things will improve over time, especially if enough complaints are made to the Microsoft team (wish I could find how to do that)

Meanwhile, I will monitor the dozen OEICs I have that are stuck on 5 July and let you know if they start to update.

• Edited by Cleevevale Friday, July 12, 2019 10:07 AM corruption
    Friday, July 12, 2019 9:55 AM
  • Roger,

Like you, I have a number of quotes picked up from MSN Money that have not been updated since 5 July. The instruments concerned are all UK OEIC / Unit Trusts. My other OEICs are daily updated (albeit late in the day). All other prices for Stocks and Investment Trusts are updating in (almost) real time.

If you check the MSN Money website you will see that the price of your product is still set at "05 July End of Day"; Since the Gaier software (Moneyquote and Excel AddIn Quotes) relies on MSN Money data I am confident that the issue is with Microsoft and not Gaier.

Since other providers like TrustNet are showing up to date prices, it appears that MSN Money is just not pulling correct information (using wrong codes / instrument ?, wrong place?). Hopefully things will improve over time, especially if enough complaints are made to the Microsoft team (wish I could find how to do that)

Meanwhile, I will monitor the dozen OEICs I have that are stuck on 5 July and let you know if they start to update.

Thanks, much appreciate the detailed info.
    Friday, July 12, 2019 12:32 PM
  • The Yahoo quote API has data for the Polar Capital UK Absolute Equity Fund (symbol 0P00014CPM.L) from 10 July. I've written an alternative Money quote updater that pulls data from Yahoo rather than MS - if you'd like to use it further details are here on GitHub.

Regards,

Jonathan.

• Edited by 36bits Friday, July 12, 2019 5:23 PM
    Friday, July 12, 2019 5:00 PM
  • The Yahoo quote API has data for the Polar Capital UK Absolute Equity Fund (symbol 0P00014CPM.L) from 10 July. I've written an alternative Money quote updater that pulls data from Yahoo rather than MS - if you'd like to use it further details are here on GitHub.

Regards,

Jonathan.

Thanks, looks like it may be a possible. I can't quite see how to find out symbols on Yahoo though. I have another found 'ARTEMIS FUND MGRS HIGH INCOME INSTL INC', which I can't find. Any help on how to find them would be appreciated because I have a number of missing funds. When I type Artemis in the search box, it comes up with one fund (amongst) some other stocks, but it isn't the right one.
    Saturday, July 13, 2019 7:55 AM
  • It is a bit convoluted but initially I got the ISIN (GB00B2PLJN71) from Monrningstar and then searched for that on Yahoo where it is listed as 'Artemis High Income Fund I Inc' (0P0000KKC2.L).

It also shows up when you enter 'Artemis High' into the Yahoo Finance search box.

Regards,

Jonathan.

Saturday, July 13, 2019 8:44 AM
  • Thanks, that works, I have the ISINs.
    Sunday, July 14, 2019 4:28 PM
  • Roger,

All but 2 of my OEICs have now updated to as at 12 July. Your Polar Cap is still stuck on 5 July on MSN Money Quotes but might be worth checking your other holdings.

Monday, July 15, 2019 8:08 AM
  • Yep same for me. Be interesting if they start updating daily, or whether it is now weekly....
    Monday, July 15, 2019 2:00 PM
  • I hope that it is just a matter of time.  No logical reason why, for example, MSN Money would update daily for some funds and weekly for others - even when the funds come from the same stable.  Patience may be required is all.

Glad to see that your Polar Cap UK Value now updated to 12 July from 5 July.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 1:05 PM
  • The solution which worked for me was to enter “GBX” in Column C of Symbolmap.csv

La solution qui a fonctionné pour moi a été d'entrer “GBX” dans la colonne C de Symbolmap.csv.

Dr AS

merci mais je n'ai plus d'alertes depuis le4 juillet  pourquoi ? et je n'ai pu suivre le débat depuis et je reviens par hasard!!

NSF

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 2:35 PM
  • Je voudrais vous aider mais je ne suis pas sûr de votre problème. Voici quelques questions dont les réponses vont beaucoup m'aider:
    - Utilisez-vous la version 2.5 du programme MSMoney Quotes de Gaier?
    - Quand vous demandez «je n'ai plus d'alertes depuis le4 juillet», voulez-vous dire que lorsque vous exécutez le programme de citations MSMoney, il n'y a pas de mise à jour depuis 4 Julliet? Ou voulez-vous dire quelque chose de différent?
    - Quels sont les investissements qui ne sont pas mis à jour?

En outre, j'ai étudié le français au lycée pour la dernière fois et c'était il y a de nombreuses années. Cela me serait très utile si vous utilisiez des majuscules, des signes de ponctuation et des phrases complètes.

I would like to help you but I am not sure of your problem.  Here are a few questions whose answers will greatly help me:
    - Are you using version 2.5 of Gaier’s MSMoney Quotes program?
    - When you ask “je n'ai plus d'alertes depuis le4 juillet” do you mean that when you run the MSMoney quotes program there is no update since July 4th?  Or do you mean something different?
    - What are the investments that are not updating?

Bill Becker

Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:40 AM
  • Now my funds are not being updated - only shares. Since 17 - 18 of July. That is "Fetching Quotes:" contains only shares.
    Sunday, July 21, 2019 10:56 AM
  • Many funds are only updating every 7 days (usually as at Friday).  This is a MSN Money issue, not Gaier MoneyQuotes.
    Monday, July 22, 2019 10:55 AM
  • Thx, but MSN Money has updated quotes for my funds. If you use MoneyQuotes with the -v option, wouldn't you get the same quote every time until MSN Money updates it?
    Monday, July 22, 2019 2:45 PM
  • Funds working now - maybe a local problem.
    Wednesday, July 24, 2019 12:42 PM
  • Quels sont les ISINs que vous avez cherchez?

Cordialement,

Jonathan.

Saturday, August 3, 2019 4:00 PM
  • Je soupçonne que le problème est causé par Microsoft. Par exemple, lorsque je gère le programme Gaier, la plupart de mes investissements n’ont pas été mis à jour depuis le 30 juillet. Lorsque j'ouvre l'app Money pour Windows 10, celle-ci n'a pas mis à jour les prix de mes investissements depuis le 30 juillet, même si les index ont été mis à jour. (Notez que l'app Windows 10 Money n'est pas identique à l'application MSN Money ou au programme Microsoft Money.) Voici une capture d'écran annotée.

Comme l'a demandé 36bits, pouvez-vous donner un exemple d'investissement qui n'a pas été mis à jour depuis le 4 juillet? Nous pourrions vérifier si l'application Money met à jour cet investissement.

I suspect that the problem is caused by Microsoft.  For example, when I run the Gaier program, most of my investments have not updated since July 30th.  When I open the Money app for Windows 10, it also has not updated the prices of my investments since July 30th, even though the indexes have been updated.  (Note that the Windows 10 Money app is not the same as the MSN Money app or the Microsoft Money program.)  Here’s an annotated screen shot

As 36bits asked, can you give an example of an investment that has not updated since July 4th?  We could check to see if the Money app is updating that investment.

Bill Becker

Saturday, August 3, 2019 8:55 PM
  • Symbol
    Name
    Price
    Change
    Volume
    Day Range
    52Wk Range
    Market Cap.
    F0GBR06FOK
    SG Actions Monde C
    +0.41 +0.54 %
    -
    -
    -
    -
    F0GBR04QCX
    SG Actions Monde Selection C
    -0.18 -0.34 %
    -
    -
    -
    -
    F0GBR06FOG
    SG Actions Euro (C)
    -0.95 -0.37 %
    -
    -
    -
    -
    F0000009GV
    SG Actions Euro Selection C
    +0.17 +0.35 %
    -
    -
    -
    -
    F000001EZ6
    Darwin Diversifie 40-60 C
    -0.13 -0.12 %
    -
    -
    -
    -
    F0GBR04QRT
    LBPAM Actions Indice Euro R
    -0.57 -0.59 %
    -
    -
    -
    -
    F0GBR04RL2
    Afer-Sfer
    -0.01 -0.02 %
    -
    -
    -
    -
    F0GBR04R8S
    AAA Actions Agro Alimentaire C
    -3.74 -0.32 %
    -
    -
    -
    -
    F0GBR04QQL
    LBPAM Actions Diversifie Action R
    -0.03 -0.06 %
    -
    -
    -
    -
    PX1
    CAC 40
    -60.04 -1.11 %
    -
    5.32k-5.37k
    4.61k-5.67k
    -
    SX5E
    EURO STOXX 50
    -41.64 -1.23 %
    -
    3.33k-3.37k
    2.94k-3.57k
    -
    F0GBR04QRX
    LBPAM Actions Monde C
    +1.35 +0.38 %
    -
    -
    -
    -
    F0GBR06FOM
    SG Obligations C
    +10.71 +0.20 %
    -
    -
    -
    -
    F0GBR04EST
    Afer Actions Euro A
    -0.68 -0.52 %
    -
    -
    -
    -
    F18068535910
    Performance Euro 4-8
    = 0.00 0.00 %
    -
    -
    -
    -
    COMP
    NASDAQ Composite Index
    -110.78 -1.38 %
    -
    7.91k-8.02k
    6.19k-8.34k
    -
    DJI
    DOW
    -233.98 -0.89 %
    -
    26.10k-26.37k
    21.71k-27.40k
    -
    CAC
    Lyxor CAC 40 (DR) UCITS ETF - Dist
    -0.63 -1.20 %

NSF

• Edited by nicole 78 Friday, August 9, 2019 4:22 PM
    Friday, August 9, 2019 4:14 PM
  • HI AVEC YAHOO le 1er tableau les ISIN SONT ceux de DAN

NSF

• Edited by nicole 78 Friday, August 9, 2019 5:06 PM
    Friday, August 9, 2019 5:04 PM
  • J'ai écrit un programme qui met à jour le MS Money avec les données des citations de Yahoo au lieu de MSN. Plus de détails ici sur Github - n'hésitez pas à utiliser. Désolé mais toute la documentation est en anglais.

Cordialement,

Jonathan.

Friday, August 9, 2019 5:30 PM
  • dear Jonathan

thank you for your help  but i don't understand  votre programme  it is too difficult for me sorrry

bien cordialement

NSF

Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:35 PM
  • bonjour aucune nouvelle depuis le 15 aout que se passe-t -il ? merci

cordialement

nicole

NSF

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 4:22 PM