login "you are attempting to create a user with a domain logon that does not exist" RRS feed

• Question

• I sporadically get the error "you are attempting to create a user with a domain logon that does not exist" when I log in to my development environment. When it enters this state there appears to be nothing I can do to resolve the error apart from walk away from it for a hour or two and then try again when it might work.

A complete reboot of all servers has no effect, IISRESET has no effect, this is an account which usually works so it most definitely exists and the error occurs when I try to login so I am not trying to create any user.

Why is CRM lying to me? what is the real error and how on earth can it be made to work again?

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 11:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This kind of probelm can happen if the user account's Obejct SID is different in table [MSCRM_CONFIG].[dbo].[SystemUserAuthentication].

1.Get the AuthInfo value for the user from the table [MSCRM_CONFIG].[dbo].[SystemUserAuthentication]
    2.Get Object Sid of the user 
    follow the steps mentioned in the blog :
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/gaurav/archive/2014/06/03/get-sid-of-the-object-registry-wmic-powershell.aspx
    3.Compare the SIDs

Refer the below url for more details :

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ukdynsupport/archive/2009/07/16/authentication-when-you-are-adding-a-new-user-to-crm-or-a-user-to-a-new-organization-in-crm.aspx

Thanks,

Seban

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 12:14 PM
  • That would make sense if the error occurred on adding a new user but it doesn't. The error affects all users, all users were able to log in, CRM spontaneously locks them out and then after a few hours spontaneously lets them all back in again. So unless something was changing the user SIDs, recording the old ones and then putting them all back a couple of hours later that's not the solution. There is some more generic error going on here that is being misinterpreted by CRM.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 12:27 PM