Windows Experience Rating Via Tune Up RRS feed

• Question

• My problem stems from loading 3D environments when gaming. The (HP) tower randomly shuts off after .5 to an hour of game play. Many sites recommended checking for  cabinet dust, updating drivers, and switching web browsers. Most online games I play aren't causing my problem. And the one main game, which has it's own client,  seems to be running up my CPU usage quite a fair amount. After searching the Microsoft help, it mentioned OneCare help and support. My issue may not be directly related to OneCare, but my question is; will OneCare Tune-Up help RAISE  the My Windows Experience Graphics, or Graphic  3D environment rating? Anything Custom?

Yesterday it was @ 2.6 and 2.4. after running (Quick) tune-up and several variations of stress tests it never went up. Now today I seek out the corresponding Graphics driver and got it to 3.2 and 3.0. This isn't enough, for how active I am on this machine. Without going to buy a new card, can anyone suggest what to do? Will a custom Tune-Up do the trick? If so, what would be the best selection of options? Please keep in mind, I'm rather novice.

Edit:
    Additional steps taken thus far,
    - Lowered Resolution (screen blinking)
    -  Raised refresh rate form 60 to 85 Hertz
    - Discovered the system set to HIGH Power plan (Didn't adjust)
    - Ran My Experience rating and scored 3.4 and 3.0
    - Tried to load game on Safari
    - Set Java option to Forced Sun Java (Currently Updated)
    - Set all of the ingame Display options to the available minimum

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 6:17 AM

Answers

•  Hello MagicPatrick1, a One Care Tune-Up will not raise your Windows Experience Index rating. Regarding the shutdown after a half hour to an hour this does look like overheating. It may help to shut down any unnecessary applications running in your system tray when gaming. The best solution if you are a serious gamer would be to upgrade your video card.
    Jim
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 12:55 PM