Error = 2109 while re-running saved, modified reports RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running USMoneyDlxSunset with the modified mnyob99.dll file - using Win7Pro, all updates applied.   For some reason, I can't save (and re-run) modified reports.   For example, I take the standard Monthly Budget report, click on "Customize...", change the title to YTD Budget, click on Date, modify the Range to Custom Dates, change the date to point to 01 January, click Apply and then Click O.K.    The report produced the expected result.   I can click on "Add to my favorite reports" and the report is added.    I can also exit MS Money successfully.   However, the next time I go back into Money and I click on the new report, I get a series of error messages.   The first one states that: "An error has occurred, but Money is unable to retrieve and display details about what happened.  (Resource = rcreport.  Error = 2109). "  After I click "O.K.", I get a "Loading..." message in the middle of my screen.    I can click out of the message my clicking on any other action of heading such as "Home".  Playing with reports produces other interesting errors - "Due to changes in your Money file, the saved version of "Monthly Budget" is no longer valid." etc.   I've run both the Quick Repair and the Standard Repair multiple times - no errors are reported.   Any ideas???

Monday, February 18, 2019 2:01 PM

All replies

• Did you try a level 1 standard repair? That will delete existing customized reports, however.

Stop overwriting your backups for now. Maybe increase the number of backups that Money keeps to a much larger number. A backup may be the thing that saves you. Maybe you have a backup on other media.

In M+: Tools->Settings->BackupSettings
    I suggest checking
     x Automatically backup my Money file every time I close Money
      Save in [a place on your hard drive ]. It is best to Browse to
         a location rather than typing the path.
       x Ask me before backing up each time*
       x Compress Backup Files
       Keep only the _20_most recent backup files [adjust to taste]

x Perform scheduled backups every _28_ days
      Save in [a USB flash drive location]
       x Ask me before backing up each time*
       x Compress Backup Files
       Keep only the _2_most recent backup files [adjust to taste]

Then periodically, perhaps each month or three, copy your latest
    backup (uniquely named by Money) to a CDR.

* The reason I have Money ask me, is that I don't want to back up
    each time I exit.  If I went into Money 5 times in a day, I would
    not want to back up 5 times, nor would I want to delete 5 other
    backup files.  You will be given the choice to BackUpNow or to postpone.

Monday, February 18, 2019 2:19 PM
  • Hi Cal - after running the level 1 standard repair, I get:  "No broken records in the original file."  I renamed my "repaired" file to my original file name.  I repeated my steps in my first post to re-create my modified report.    Ran the report, no issues.   Closed Money.   Opened Money, re-ran my saved report - no issues.  Thanx!!!   When I repaired my mny file in the past, I always used the Level 2 repair option, but this time I used Level 1 as per your suggestion.   Not sure if that made the difference or not.  Appreciate your help. 

Monday, February 18, 2019 2:40 PM