I need help on activating my Windows Vista Home Premium! RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to restore my computer, because it got slow. So, what I did was, I got the restore CD and I reinstalled Vista. Now, when I put in the Product Key thats on the sticker on the bottom of my laptop, it says the key is invalid.
    Plz help.
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:52 PM

Answers

• Hi MiraGelSpeed,

Please follow Carey's direction, but also tell us if you have yet tried Activating by Phone?

Thanks,
    Darin MS

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers.
    Monday, March 30, 2009 5:38 PM

All replies

• Download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool found at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

Run the Tool, click "Continue" then click the "Copy" button. Return to your Thread and paste the report into the thread along with a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing.

Carey Frisch
    Monday, March 30, 2009 3:21 AM
  • Hi MiraGelSpeed,

Please follow Carey's direction, but also tell us if you have yet tried Activating by Phone?

Thanks,
    Darin MS

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers.
    Monday, March 30, 2009 5:38 PM