Microsoft Office 2000 and validation RRS feed

• Question

• Good Evening

I own an absolute Genuine copy of Microsoft Office 2000. I am now trying to download and Install Outlook Connector. However, the first step required is to validate. In running the validation tool I get the following:

Link:This is the page I get.

"No Office Products Detected

Problem: No Office products eligible for validation were found on this computer. This may be due to one of the following:

• The version of Office installed on this computer is earlier than Office XP.
    • There are currently no Office applications installed on this computer.
    • The version of Office you are using is hosted on another computer or a terminal server. Read more about this in the FAQ. "

Could you please let me know what the problem is and how do I bypass or correct the validation.

Thank you for your help.

Friday, May 9, 2008 11:41 AM

Answers

•  

SaidP,

Office 2000 does not require validation.  You can run our diagnostic tool and we can see if it provides any hints as to what your issue is, but since Office 2000 is not one of the validated platforms...it may not.

1)      Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with ADMIN rights.

2)      Download the tool:   http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click RUN.

3)      When the tool loads, click CONTINUE.

4)      Is the RESOLVE button available?  If so, please click RESOLVE to allow the diagnostic tool to repair the issue.

5)      From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.

6)      Reply back to this post and PASTE your results.

THank you,

Lori MS

Thursday, May 15, 2008 1:36 AM

All replies

•  

SaidP,

Office 2000 does not require validation.  You can run our diagnostic tool and we can see if it provides any hints as to what your issue is, but since Office 2000 is not one of the validated platforms...it may not.

1)      Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with ADMIN rights.

2)      Download the tool:   http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click RUN.

3)      When the tool loads, click CONTINUE.

4)      Is the RESOLVE button available?  If so, please click RESOLVE to allow the diagnostic tool to repair the issue.

5)      From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.

6)      Reply back to this post and PASTE your results.

THank you,

Lori MS

Thursday, May 15, 2008 1:36 AM
  • Thank you Lori

I had already performed the test before posting here, however, I repeated the tet and here is the result:

All need is to download and install Outlook Connector to read my hotmail via Microsoft Outlook.

Hope you can help.

Regards

Friday, May 16, 2008 12:22 PM
  •  

SaidP,

The MGADiag tool indicates that there is no Office suite installed on the genuine Windows XP Professional operating system. 

This issue is out of scope within the WGA Forums however, you can go to this website to check the requirements for

Outlook Connector.  If you are using Microsoft Outlook, check to make sure what type of license it is.  Trial version of Office cannot be validated however, student versions do have a different license that allows on up to 3 computers and

needs to be activated and validated.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7AAD7E6A-931E-438A-950C-5E9EA66322D4&displaylang=en#Requirements

Lori MS

Monday, May 19, 2008 8:19 PM
  • Lori MS,

I have the genuine full Premium Version of Microsoft Office installed on my computer. When I try to download Outlook Connector for Microsoft, it asks to perform a validation and when it does it does not recognise my genuine version of Office suit. Is there any way around this problem or is it a way for Microsoft to make me buy 2003 or 2007?

Regards

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 2:10 PM
  • Visit: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/office/WhyValidate.aspx and click on Validate Now.  If you get an error message, what does the message say?

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 7:01 PM
  • It still comes with the same message:

No Office Products Detected

Problem: No Office products eligible for validation were found on this computer. This may be due to one of the following:

• The version of Office installed on this computer is earlier than Office XP.
    • There are currently no Office applications installed on this computer.
    • The version of Office you are using is hosted on another computer or a terminal server. Read more about this in the FAQ.

Very annoying. I have Microsoft Office 2000 not Office XP. What is Office XP anyway?

Thursday, May 22, 2008 1:00 PM
  • The Outlook Connector is not designed to work with Office 2000.  Please read the system requirements:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7aad7e6a-931e-438a-950c-5e9ea66322d4&displaylang=en

Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:06 PM