Visual Studio Compilation Errror RRS feed

Answers

• They're over here.

http://forums.iis.net/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Monday, June 10, 2013 7:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Monday, June 17, 2013 1:27 PM
    Sunday, June 2, 2013 1:11 PM
  • Hi Ken,

Glad to receive your reply.

Since it is not the correct forum for this issue, I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

“I don't think it is a WCF problem either. It may be IIS problem because I am unable to open the

HTTP://localhost in my browser.”

If it is the IIS issue, you could post this issue to http://forums.iis.net/ forum for better support. Anyway, I move it to the moderator forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Have a nice weekend,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Friday, May 31, 2013 5:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by KENOGBEB Sunday, June 2, 2013 10:22 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by KENOGBEB Sunday, June 2, 2013 10:25 AM
    Friday, May 31, 2013 7:30 AM

All replies

• I am using Visual Studio 2012. I am trying to run a WCF application that I recently developed. The user interface is WPF. Each time I run the application I get the message "Waiting For Localhost" after which I get the output below

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:25 AM
  • Further to the problem that I reported in this thread. Even my previously running programs are getting the same output when I build the solution. It started after I installed IIS Express to resolve issues with directory browsing. Attached is screen print from another compilation. Every solution that I run is having the same oroblem.
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 6:22 AM
  • Hi KENOGBEB,

Thank you for visiting the MSDN forum.

Based on your description, I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum, since this forum is to discuss The Visual Studio Debugger/profiler tool.

Just to make this issue clearly, do you mean that just the WCF apps have this issue? If so, I suggest you post this issue to the WCF development forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wcf/threads

Of course, to make sure that it is not the VS IDE issue, you could run it in other Environment, if it worked well in other machine, so we could make sure that it is not the app issue.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:31 AM
  • Dear Jack

I don't think it is a WCF problem either. It may be IIS problem because I am unable to open the

HTTP://localhost in my browser.

The problem I believe started after I downloaded and installed IIS Express to solve some other issues.

As I mentioned applications other than WCF that I successfully built earlier are not running because they are unable to open and run on the localhost.

Regards

Ken

Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:58 AM
  • Hi Ken,

Glad to receive your reply.

Since it is not the correct forum for this issue, I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

“I don't think it is a WCF problem either. It may be IIS problem because I am unable to open the

HTTP://localhost in my browser.”

If it is the IIS issue, you could post this issue to http://forums.iis.net/ forum for better support. Anyway, I move it to the moderator forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Have a nice weekend,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Friday, May 31, 2013 5:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by KENOGBEB Sunday, June 2, 2013 10:22 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by KENOGBEB Sunday, June 2, 2013 10:25 AM
    Friday, May 31, 2013 7:30 AM
  • Thanks Jack for the feedback. I will sure escalate the problem to the IIS Forum.
    Sunday, June 2, 2013 10:27 AM
  • Dear Jack

Under what category can I find the IIS forum?

Sunday, June 2, 2013 10:51 AM
  • They're over here.

http://forums.iis.net/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Monday, June 10, 2013 7:42 PM
    Sunday, June 2, 2013 1:11 PM