Does the just released Sync Framework 2.0 work on Windows Mobile Devices? RRS feed

• Question

• Boy am I confused.  Can somebody please answer this question?  It's seems like it should be a simple answer but I can't figure it out.  Are you supposed to reference the C:\Microsoft Sync Framework\2.0\Runtime\ADO.NET\v3.0\[Microsoft.Synchronization.Data dll's] in your server side code (including WCF Service Libraries), and then reference the C:\Microsoft Synchronization Services\ADO.NET\v1.0\Devices\[Microsoft.Synchronization.Data dll's] in your SmartDevice .NET Compact Framework 3.5 project?

If somebody could clear this up for me and tell me if I can use the newly released SyncFx 2.0 to develop Windows Mobile Sync applications it would be greatly appreciated, and I'd actually be able to get some sleep tonight :)
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• love to get an answer to this question, i'm confused too.
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 8:19 PM
  • Thanks you for considreing the Sync Framework for your mobile application. the bits released on Monday is for desktop. for Mobile application, please stay with the Sync Services for Ado.net for devices V1 release (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=75FEF59F-1B5E-49BC-A21A-9EF4F34DE6FC&displaylang=en) for now.

Thanks
    Yunwen
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Adrian Mustea - MSFT Monday, October 26, 2009 6:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by geokaps Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:47 PM
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:18 PM
  • Thank you Yunwen for the reply.  I will proceed with development using the Sync Services for Ado.net for devices V1 release.  I'm using the SyncComm example on Codeplex ( http://synccomm.codeplex.com/ ) for guidance.  My only concern is performance.  Several people have pointed out in the discussion forums that the performance of the V1 release is an issue.  I'm hoping that the V1 release will be easily upgraded to the V2 devices release when it's available as this looks like a very promising technology. Thanks again.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:51 PM
  • What is the story on MSF for devices? Is it a dead end? Why so silent?
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:58 PM
  • Are there any words on ETA when we could expect Mobile Support in MS Sync Framework?

Thanks.
    -Gennady
    Monday, December 14, 2009 11:00 PM