none
Guys Chat Here - Part-III RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys, The part-II of this sequel crossed 5 pages, and hence i started a Part-III here as it was becoming harder to navigate between pages.

Hope you guys will take part and contribute what you know as you did in the earlier Chat threads.

This Thread is a sequel to the thread Guys Chat Here - Part-II
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 3:43 PM

Answers

• To start with, lets start with the topic "What will you do if you miss by 1 point to the 10K limit"

You think admins should promote them to 10K ? Lets discuss it and see what others viewpoints are on the same.
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 3:46 PM
  • The rarest person of all, I think this person should receive 2 X-box
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 4:18 PM
  • Hi guys i am back. Had a little internet problem. The service magically got disconnected and also magically got reconnected. Nobody at the Airtel office, could explain why. I guess Harry Potter is in the city.

Since this was a break, i am also back with refreshed energy. Anyway, alls well that ends well...

Good to be back.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 5:02 PM
  • Welcome Back Adnan.

@Varun - I think that unique person should get xbox360 + windows phone, haha

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 5:33 PM
  • Well we can have the competition of the most unluckiest person, after 15th, We will post our total points in one thread, and then we will decide who is the most unluckiest person..

Wat say???
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 3:31 AM
  • I think i agree with you. But i dont think the admins will like us posting the points too Stick out tongue not sure thought, we can discuss on it and then decide whether points should be put after 15th or 30th june, when the winners are finally announced.  Because I dont think at june-15th the points that everyone has will decide the final rank of that person, the admin will do other verifications to their account and modify accordingly.
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 6:08 AM
  • The lucky person can be made as MSP without any further interviews. Can be provided a job at MS after his/her graduation... 
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 9:32 AM
  • How about offering him the Director of MS in India Stick out tongue
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 10:12 AM
  • That will be more than enough...
    Well come to think of it, can anyone try to make his/her score exactly 10,000 ???
    It can be a challenge, try to create your score only 10,000 not more not less.... That person would definitely receive a much bigger reward,
    Wat say, anyone wana try out??? Ofcourse the offer is only for the people who are still under 10,000....
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 11:23 AM
  • Yes man, i think the peson who gets exact 10K is more valuable than the one who gets 10K-1 points Stick out tongue hehe. That would be really funny as he had worked EXACTLY as MS wanted . Nothing more nothing less. He deserves more prize than the first winner. Cause he did what MS wanted exactly. Once you are in the job, you need to do what exactly the supervisor says ;P
    Friday, June 8, 2007 7:50 AM
  • Hey Adnan, if you are reading this, can you tell me did you get any points update for the DKD (Developer Knowledge Drive). Can you check and tell me. I have mailed the admins and the referrals problem is solved, check and tell me how many points you got there. i did quite amount of referrals there, i hope you have got points for it.

Also provide me your gtalk, yahoo IM, or msn msgr IM name, so that i can keep in touch with you in future as well.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 4:31 AM
  • oh!! luck less fellow!!
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 5:08 AM
  • I think we can share our id's after 15.. everyone can post their id, or to be on safer side.. post their orkut link....
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 6:54 AM
  • No. I didnt get any points till now. Although i too have made many referrals, but the points have not been updated. Will try mailing the admins.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 8:31 AM
  • @Adnan - Do let me know if you get a reply from the admins or any points update Smile I am very eager to know any updates about it.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 4:36 PM
  • @Varun - I agree with you that we should add each others ID in our IM's Smile
    I have orkut, search my name and add me. Ill add ya guys too Smile
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 4:38 PM
  • @Jagadeesh - Thanks for the good luck. Same to you too and others also.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 4:40 PM
  • Well, Everyone should join the rockstar community there..
    http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=27967410

Saturday, June 9, 2007 5:58 PM
  • Yes and there you will find other rockstar members Wink Nice place to hangout and also keep in touch with others.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 6:08 PM
  • What messenger do you guys prefer? MSN , Yahoo or Gtalk? i prefer GTalk or Yahoo.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 6:38 PM
  • In terms of messenger, I always liked MSN, it gives lots of facilities and the interface and look of MSN is too good.. also the email look of hotmail and windows live mail is too good... no one can beat it....

Google msngr are small and good for usage... they dont eat up memory.. but it does not support Group talk, i think that should be introduced, and also the smileys are not there in gtalk..

MSN has very good smileys and other tools.. Yahoo has the best Audibles.....

The best in gtalk is that we cannot have a invisible mode, that is the best thing i like.. I think that MSN and Yahoo should take of the invisible or offline mode option, I never liked them, and google thinks in same way, Our thinking matches a lot...

I like all the 3 msngrs for their +points and so i use all of them.. they are all active on my comp, rest i dont use any other IM's....
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 7:38 PM
  • hmmmm. So which messenger should we all use to communicate outside the forums. I have a suggestion, why dont we all register in linkedIn and open a group of our own. I dont prefer orkut to be frank. LinkedIn is a social networking tools like orkut but is very professional. If you all agree, please mention your name, and if we have enough names we will request a group creation in LinkedIn.

I am open to suggestions.

Saturday, June 9, 2007 8:44 PM
  • Well, other than that, I think, everyone of us have Hotmail ID as we have joined the Rockstar competition, So we all can add ourself at MSN IM, and have a group of Rockstar in the msngr,
    We can even have group chats at MSN, and even discuss out some of the topics together...

Also we can create a group at
    MSN groups, or Google groups or Yahoo Groups....
    But i think we already have group at orkut....

And if you want to start at Linkein, I m ok with that...
    But i tried to study it by visiting the site.. but was not able to get more clear idea of it.. can you tell me more about the linkein and how its different...
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 4:25 AM
  • @Varun. LinkedIn is a social networking tool which will help you find people like Orkut and many others. But the main difference is that LinkeIn is designed for professional. Apart from creating groups and finding people, you can get information of available jobs, or professionals looking for jobs. You can rate professionals and thier services. The feature i like best is that you can ask questions and also give answers. If your answer is selected as the best one, then that gives you an expertise in that particular field. You can also directly request your colleagues, business partner of associate to recommending your work in a particular position.

LinkedIn also allows you to get intoruduced to new people like if you wanted to meet an HR in Yahoo, you can ask one of your contacts who know him/her to introduce you. Then you can directly communicate with the person and get the required information.

Sunday, June 10, 2007 9:24 AM
  • Looks nice.. we can join it, but other than that, we need a place to chat on one to one... so i think for that we can use MSN Msngrs... wat say..
    1st everyone join in at the community at the rockstar, then we can share our MSN ID over there.. as it is not safe to give out our id at the forums...
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 12:24 PM
  • Agreed. Great idea, so lets start implementing....
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 4:02 PM
  • Hey guys, sorry i missed out some conversations. Anyways i am back Wink

About the IM's, My personal fav. is MSN msgr. I simply love it. Even Varun uses MSN msgr. so i think we should all add each others id in msn messenger.

But yeah about  security, join the Rockstar community as Varun said, and then we can exchange the email ids through that.
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 5:00 PM
  • Yup, I had started a thread at the orkut community page where we can give away our email id, and then we can add each other.. so just add you email id there...

link:
    http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=27967410&tid=2537151357036634550&start=1
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 5:46 PM
  • Good doing Varun. I think ill wait for others to add you Smile and then ill get the list from you through MSN msgr Stick out tongue
    you can also give them my id once they are added in your IM.

there are some persons  in the rockstar community there, whom i dont trust. May be we all guys should just get added there, and we can send MESSAGE from there, so that we can get it in our inbox.  What say you  ?
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:57 PM
  • @Adnan - Any updates on that DeveloperKnowledgeDrive contest  ? any reply from the admins ? or any point updates that you got ?

Today is the last day of that contest too.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 6:42 AM
  • being an msp is not an easy task,u have to work 4 that.u get lot of benefits when u become an msp.........
    Friday, June 15, 2007 6:47 AM
  • whats the contest about
    Friday, June 15, 2007 6:50 AM
  • @Harshil, i just checked, and the points have not been updated till now. I am least concerned with this contest, but was very interested about the msdn flash newsletter. I manually subscribed and enjoyed my first issue this month.

I suggest all of you to subsrcribe to the msdn flash newsletter, its filled with articles, tips and tricks and even small contests.

Cheers!!!

Friday, June 15, 2007 9:43 AM
  •  karthikeyan_s_c94311 wrote:
    whats the contest about

That contest is just about referring to friends about the MS tech newsletter. and you get points for that. The person with the highest point will get a xbox360 Stick out tongue

Friday, June 15, 2007 2:25 PM
  •  Adnan_Hussain_b89496 wrote:

@Harshil, i just checked, and the points have not been updated till now. I am least concerned with this contest, but was very interested about the msdn flash newsletter. I manually subscribed and enjoyed my first issue this month.

I suggest all of you to subsrcribe to the msdn flash newsletter, its filled with articles, tips and tricks and even small contests.

Cheers!!!

Hey man that msdn flash newsletter is really nice. I am loving to find new stuffs from it. I have received about 3 till now Smile
    Friday, June 15, 2007 2:30 PM
  • But the fact remains that a lot of my friends including me have not got any points for referrals.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 3:39 PM
  • Try it now Adnan, its working Smile
    Friday, June 15, 2007 3:55 PM
  • wat contest r u talking abt?
    Friday, June 15, 2007 4:54 PM
  • @Harshil will try it out.

@Jayakumar, this is another contest called Developer Knowledge Drive. It closes today. The contest is about referring friends for the MSDN flash newsletter. Try subscribing to it through the MS website. Its great!

Friday, June 15, 2007 6:26 PM

All replies

• To start with, lets start with the topic "What will you do if you miss by 1 point to the 10K limit"

You think admins should promote them to 10K ? Lets discuss it and see what others viewpoints are on the same.
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 3:46 PM
  • The rarest person of all, I think this person should receive 2 X-box
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 4:18 PM
  • Hi guys i am back. Had a little internet problem. The service magically got disconnected and also magically got reconnected. Nobody at the Airtel office, could explain why. I guess Harry Potter is in the city.

Since this was a break, i am also back with refreshed energy. Anyway, alls well that ends well...

Good to be back.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 5:02 PM
  • Welcome Back Adnan.

@Varun - I think that unique person should get xbox360 + windows phone, haha

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 5:33 PM
  • Well we can have the competition of the most unluckiest person, after 15th, We will post our total points in one thread, and then we will decide who is the most unluckiest person..

Wat say???
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 3:31 AM
  • I think i agree with you. But i dont think the admins will like us posting the points too Stick out tongue not sure thought, we can discuss on it and then decide whether points should be put after 15th or 30th june, when the winners are finally announced.  Because I dont think at june-15th the points that everyone has will decide the final rank of that person, the admin will do other verifications to their account and modify accordingly.
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 6:08 AM
  • The lucky person can be made as MSP without any further interviews. Can be provided a job at MS after his/her graduation... 
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 9:32 AM
  • How about offering him the Director of MS in India Stick out tongue
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 10:12 AM
  • That will be more than enough...
    Well come to think of it, can anyone try to make his/her score exactly 10,000 ???
    It can be a challenge, try to create your score only 10,000 not more not less.... That person would definitely receive a much bigger reward,
    Wat say, anyone wana try out??? Ofcourse the offer is only for the people who are still under 10,000....
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 11:23 AM
  • Yes man, i think the peson who gets exact 10K is more valuable than the one who gets 10K-1 points Stick out tongue hehe. That would be really funny as he had worked EXACTLY as MS wanted . Nothing more nothing less. He deserves more prize than the first winner. Cause he did what MS wanted exactly. Once you are in the job, you need to do what exactly the supervisor says ;P
    Friday, June 8, 2007 7:50 AM
  • Hey Adnan, if you are reading this, can you tell me did you get any points update for the DKD (Developer Knowledge Drive). Can you check and tell me. I have mailed the admins and the referrals problem is solved, check and tell me how many points you got there. i did quite amount of referrals there, i hope you have got points for it.

Also provide me your gtalk, yahoo IM, or msn msgr IM name, so that i can keep in touch with you in future as well.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 4:31 AM
  • oh!! luck less fellow!!
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 5:08 AM
  • I think we can share our id's after 15.. everyone can post their id, or to be on safer side.. post their orkut link....
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 6:54 AM
  • No. I didnt get any points till now. Although i too have made many referrals, but the points have not been updated. Will try mailing the admins.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 8:31 AM
  • @Adnan - Do let me know if you get a reply from the admins or any points update Smile I am very eager to know any updates about it.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 4:36 PM
  • @Varun - I agree with you that we should add each others ID in our IM's Smile
    I have orkut, search my name and add me. Ill add ya guys too Smile
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 4:38 PM
  • @Jagadeesh - Thanks for the good luck. Same to you too and others also.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 4:40 PM
  • Well, Everyone should join the rockstar community there..
    http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=27967410

Saturday, June 9, 2007 5:58 PM
  • Yes and there you will find other rockstar members Wink Nice place to hangout and also keep in touch with others.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 6:08 PM
  • What messenger do you guys prefer? MSN , Yahoo or Gtalk? i prefer GTalk or Yahoo.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 6:38 PM
  • In terms of messenger, I always liked MSN, it gives lots of facilities and the interface and look of MSN is too good.. also the email look of hotmail and windows live mail is too good... no one can beat it....

Google msngr are small and good for usage... they dont eat up memory.. but it does not support Group talk, i think that should be introduced, and also the smileys are not there in gtalk..

MSN has very good smileys and other tools.. Yahoo has the best Audibles.....

The best in gtalk is that we cannot have a invisible mode, that is the best thing i like.. I think that MSN and Yahoo should take of the invisible or offline mode option, I never liked them, and google thinks in same way, Our thinking matches a lot...

I like all the 3 msngrs for their +points and so i use all of them.. they are all active on my comp, rest i dont use any other IM's....
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 7:38 PM
  • hmmmm. So which messenger should we all use to communicate outside the forums. I have a suggestion, why dont we all register in linkedIn and open a group of our own. I dont prefer orkut to be frank. LinkedIn is a social networking tools like orkut but is very professional. If you all agree, please mention your name, and if we have enough names we will request a group creation in LinkedIn.

I am open to suggestions.

Saturday, June 9, 2007 8:44 PM
  • Well, other than that, I think, everyone of us have Hotmail ID as we have joined the Rockstar competition, So we all can add ourself at MSN IM, and have a group of Rockstar in the msngr,
    We can even have group chats at MSN, and even discuss out some of the topics together...

Also we can create a group at
    MSN groups, or Google groups or Yahoo Groups....
    But i think we already have group at orkut....

And if you want to start at Linkein, I m ok with that...
    But i tried to study it by visiting the site.. but was not able to get more clear idea of it.. can you tell me more about the linkein and how its different...
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 4:25 AM
  • @Varun. LinkedIn is a social networking tool which will help you find people like Orkut and many others. But the main difference is that LinkeIn is designed for professional. Apart from creating groups and finding people, you can get information of available jobs, or professionals looking for jobs. You can rate professionals and thier services. The feature i like best is that you can ask questions and also give answers. If your answer is selected as the best one, then that gives you an expertise in that particular field. You can also directly request your colleagues, business partner of associate to recommending your work in a particular position.

LinkedIn also allows you to get intoruduced to new people like if you wanted to meet an HR in Yahoo, you can ask one of your contacts who know him/her to introduce you. Then you can directly communicate with the person and get the required information.

Sunday, June 10, 2007 9:24 AM
  • Looks nice.. we can join it, but other than that, we need a place to chat on one to one... so i think for that we can use MSN Msngrs... wat say..
    1st everyone join in at the community at the rockstar, then we can share our MSN ID over there.. as it is not safe to give out our id at the forums...
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 12:24 PM
  • Agreed. Great idea, so lets start implementing....
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 4:02 PM
  • Hey guys, sorry i missed out some conversations. Anyways i am back Wink

About the IM's, My personal fav. is MSN msgr. I simply love it. Even Varun uses MSN msgr. so i think we should all add each others id in msn messenger.

But yeah about  security, join the Rockstar community as Varun said, and then we can exchange the email ids through that.
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 5:00 PM
  • Yup, I had started a thread at the orkut community page where we can give away our email id, and then we can add each other.. so just add you email id there...

link:
    http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=27967410&tid=2537151357036634550&start=1
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 5:46 PM
  • Good doing Varun. I think ill wait for others to add you Smile and then ill get the list from you through MSN msgr Stick out tongue
    you can also give them my id once they are added in your IM.

there are some persons  in the rockstar community there, whom i dont trust. May be we all guys should just get added there, and we can send MESSAGE from there, so that we can get it in our inbox.  What say you  ?
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:57 PM
  • @Adnan - Any updates on that DeveloperKnowledgeDrive contest  ? any reply from the admins ? or any point updates that you got ?

Today is the last day of that contest too.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 6:42 AM
  • being an msp is not an easy task,u have to work 4 that.u get lot of benefits when u become an msp.........
    Friday, June 15, 2007 6:47 AM
  • whats the contest about
    Friday, June 15, 2007 6:50 AM
  • @Harshil, i just checked, and the points have not been updated till now. I am least concerned with this contest, but was very interested about the msdn flash newsletter. I manually subscribed and enjoyed my first issue this month.

Cheers!!!

Friday, June 15, 2007 9:43 AM
  •  karthikeyan_s_c94311 wrote:
    whats the contest about

That contest is just about referring to friends about the MS tech newsletter. and you get points for that. The person with the highest point will get a xbox360 Stick out tongue

Friday, June 15, 2007 2:25 PM
  •  Adnan_Hussain_b89496 wrote:

@Harshil, i just checked, and the points have not been updated till now. I am least concerned with this contest, but was very interested about the msdn flash newsletter. I manually subscribed and enjoyed my first issue this month.

Cheers!!!

Hey man that msdn flash newsletter is really nice. I am loving to find new stuffs from it. I have received about 3 till now Smile
    Friday, June 15, 2007 2:30 PM
  • But the fact remains that a lot of my friends including me have not got any points for referrals.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 3:39 PM
  • Try it now Adnan, its working Smile
    Friday, June 15, 2007 3:55 PM
  • wat contest r u talking abt?
    Friday, June 15, 2007 4:54 PM
  • @Harshil will try it out.

@Jayakumar, this is another contest called Developer Knowledge Drive. It closes today. The contest is about referring friends for the MSDN flash newsletter. Try subscribing to it through the MS website. Its great!

Friday, June 15, 2007 6:26 PM
  • What is wrong with the MS admins ? There are two other contests of MS going on simultaneously, which was going to finish on 15th june. But still you are able to participate in that contest. They have said that the results will be declared after 15th, and they haven't keep their promise. May be by saying AFTER 15th, they meant AFTER 5 years ? hahaha

The two contests i am talking about are DeveloperKnowledgeDrive and Answer2Win
    Sunday, June 17, 2007 3:39 PM
  • @Harshil, i checked, my account but no points have been credited for the developer Knowledge Drive contest. Will mail the admins and see if the problem is resolved.
    Sunday, June 17, 2007 3:48 PM
  • Ok Adnan. Let me know when any update is done for you on that site.
    Monday, June 18, 2007 4:10 AM
  • fellow members, I had a thought, lets move out of our small island and travel the big world of MS forums.. lets explore the different sections of the ms forums that we have never seen before...
    so lets move out of Samvaad... than whenever we find a good thread, come back to our small Island "Samvaad" and post the link to that thread either here or at the post the links thread...

This way we will start our journey to explore a new adventure and bring Samvaad to a new level.. so what do you say fellow members, do you accept the Task????
    Friday, June 22, 2007 3:40 AM
  • Task is accepted from my side. Goo idea Varun, that way we can learn more, and also there are lot of MSP interacting in other parts of the forums as well.
    Friday, June 22, 2007 8:22 AM
  • @Varun the idea is fantastic. when i joined the contest i didnt know which forum to interact in, so i had posted solutions in other forums. The major difference between samvaad and the other forums is that the posts are more professional with real-time problems. To provide the solutions for such problems, we will need experiece and will also need to do a lot of r&d and poc in those concepts. This will be a great oppurtunity to learn new things.

Since a lot of people depending on thier interaction in the ms forums are evaluated for mvp, i suggest we start after the contest results are declared so that we can change our display name and other such details.

Friday, June 22, 2007 11:50 AM
  • Thanks for joining the crew Adnan.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2007 3:44 AM
  • I have joined a few threads, in the data mining part of SQL Server 2005. But the number of posts there is absymally low.
    Thursday, June 28, 2007 4:35 AM
  • THe msdn forums are really nice.
    Friday, June 29, 2007 4:13 PM