none
The term 'py' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am doing the MS course: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFCNu1-Xdsw&list=PLlrxD0HtieHhS8VzuMCfQD4uJ9yne1mE6

However, I am not able to get my Python file running:

py : The term 'py' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    python : The term 'pythin' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

I restarted the PC and check the folder in which the file is but was not able to fix this.

Is there a way to solve this?

thanks,

Naveen

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 12:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Naveen,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description and the error message, I suppose you are using VS Code Editor, the issue is caused by missing some extensions of Python. You could refer to the similar issue and try to fix it.

In addition, if the issue still persists, I suggest you could redirect to Stack Overflow tagged python or go to the Python Forum for a better support.

If you have any more Visual Studio Setup and Installation issues in the future, please feel free to let us know.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 13, 2020 3:46 AM