New Installtion - Dashboard doesn't work RRS feed

• Question

• I just can't win  :angry:

3 times I have reinstalled WHS 2011 on my server (new MB, etc)  twice yesterday and once this morning.

All seems to go well until I try to run dashboard.  The first time was OK. The next time the green Windows logo comes up, stays awhile and then goes away but dashboard doesn't run. I'm this directly on the server.

Any ideas?  Its driving me nuts.

I did add Firefox let me update drivers but didn't install them yet - guess I can unistall that

Britgeezer

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 3:00 PM

Answers

• Another new install.

Didn't add any special MB application S/W. I don't think it liked the 3TB SW so I installed to a 2TB drive instead.

So far, so good. Maybe the latest drivers aren't needed or I need a real Server MB. 

Britgeezer

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, May 7, 2012 9:02 AM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 1:39 AM

All replies

• Have you installed anything else or done any configuring of the system outside the Dashboard (yes I know it doesn't start now!)? Why would you want to install Firefox on a Server?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 4:02 PM
  • Have you installed anything else or done any configuring of the system outside the Dashboard (yes I know it doesn't start now!)? Why would you want to install Firefox on a Server?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

No nothing else. No addins, no configuration attempt, existing PC's with link SW removed. 

First time after installation and OS updates it worked, the next time it didn't and rebooting etc has no effect. Dashboard flashes its logo for 2-4 secs and then dissappears.

Previous experience tells me the server will work if I manage to connect from a PC, but dashboard will not work there either.

BTW, this is not the first time this has happened, I just can't seem to predict when it will occur. 

Why FF?  Explorer in Nanny mode drives me crazy and I can't seem to reduce its safety level. I wanted to DL drivers updates for the MB without having to transport via memory stick.  

Britgeezer

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 4:44 PM
  • Another new install.

Didn't add any special MB application S/W. I don't think it liked the 3TB SW so I installed to a 2TB drive instead.

So far, so good. Maybe the latest drivers aren't needed or I need a real Server MB. 

Britgeezer

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, May 7, 2012 9:02 AM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 1:39 AM