How to disable Lookup button mousehover event in CRM 2011 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How can we disable mousehover events on a Lookup control.?

I have set a new image on lookup control,but when i mouse on that it shows me back lookup image.

How can i achieve this ?

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, August 9, 2013 10:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Why do you want to disable the mouse over events?! This would be an unsupported change and I'd recommend against it. 

Any changes you make in this way will not upgrade to the new version of Dynamics CRM - that will be released in October - since the form html has changed considerably to support inline edit controls.

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, August 9, 2013 10:56 AM
    Answerer
  • Hello Scott,

Actually i changed the html of Lookup control and made it like a button, because i wanted to add that selected attributes of Lookup to the Sub-grid on Entity form.

So that user can feel like by clicking button they can add contacts. But in Lookup case ,it is not justifying the UI.

but then at last i have moved from this and rollback to original lookup control,i just removed the TextBox part of Lookup, have just put Lookup image (Glass image) and a lable before that.

Will it work in future release ?

Monday, August 12, 2013 6:40 AM
  • Hi,

Any manipulation of the lookup control that is not via the documented Xrm API will not work in the next release. In fact the lookup control is probably one of the control with the biggest structural change to it's internal HTML!

hth

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Monday, August 12, 2013 6:55 AM
    Answerer
  • Ok.

So ,is there any way, i want to call that lookup dialogue from button click and not from lookup control for better understanding of user perspective. ?

Monday, August 12, 2013 8:25 AM
  • The Lookup Control dialog is not a published API and so there is no supported way of calling it that will upgrade correctly.

You could create a dialog process that performs the logic you need- the users could start it using Start Dialog. This would be fully supported in an upgrade.

hth

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Monday, August 12, 2013 8:37 AM
    Answerer