Onecare says that there is second PC on my circle but I don't have one on there. RRS feed

• Question

• My Onecare says that there is a second PC called PC-1, but i have no other computer in my house. Also i logged on my account today and it was completly erased of everything, i re-logged on and it returned to narmal but  i don't want it to do that agian. Please help.

P.S. I have Vista

Saturday, November 15, 2008 1:16 AM

Answers

• If you see a second PC when opening OneCare and clicking on your OneCare Circle on a hub PC, that means that you had installed OneCare to this PC previously using a different PC name or it was installed to another PC and activated with your subscription LiveID.

However, I suspect that you are actually seeing this "other PC" in your view of the Network using Windows Explorer. This entry is there to facilitate Printer Sharing from within OneCare.

As for the login problem, I see that on occasion and it happens mostly with a warm boot after an update. It simply means that your profile was locked by another process. It isn't a pleasant thing to experience, as it can also happen if your Windows profile is corrupt. It isn't a OneCare issue, but a Windows issue.

-steve

Monday, November 17, 2008 5:35 PM