98 to xp RRS feed

• Question

•  

I had windows98 and my computer had alot of problems to the point that I could not use it anymore, so I took it to someone who fixed it for me and upgraded to windowsXP,what do I do about this  and how can I upgrade it the right way, I did not know I had a

bad windows and if it is bad why did it take three years to show unfortunetly this person no longer lives in this area.What can I do?

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 4:10 AM

Answers

• Missy,

If you have your old genuine MS Windows 98 CD, to "get legal" very inexpensively you can get an XP Home Edition Upgrade and use the W98 CD as the proof of a previous Windows Operating System that is needed to use the upgrade.

Within the last month, in the USA several major electronics and office supply retailers have sold the XP Home Upgrade for $49.99 after rebate.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 5:47 PM

All replies

• Missy,

Do you still have the Windows 98 CD?

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 4:13 AM
  • I believe I have all the programs that came with the computer, should I reinstall them? Thank you for any help.
    Wednesday, May 31, 2006 4:34 AM
  • missy that is wot has happened to me but i no longer have the 98 cd if you find out any more information about this promblem could you plz let me no thank you
    Wednesday, May 31, 2006 11:43 AM
  • no missy dont have the 98 cd anylonger i thought i would be ok after me being up graded to xp
    Wednesday, May 31, 2006 4:16 PM
  • Missy,

If you have your old genuine MS Windows 98 CD, to "get legal" very inexpensively you can get an XP Home Edition Upgrade and use the W98 CD as the proof of a previous Windows Operating System that is needed to use the upgrade.

Within the last month, in the USA several major electronics and office supply retailers have sold the XP Home Upgrade for $49.99 after rebate.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 5:47 PM