CRM 2013 - 2 questions: products to excel, write in products RRS feed

• Question

• * I want to export a list to excel of products sold per opportunity and also get a list of products in open opportunities.

This should be a easy thing to do, but i cant seem to get it right.  

* I am also curious if there is a way to remove the option to include write in products when adding products to opportunities. 

In advance, 

Thanks. 

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 8:15 AM

All replies

• Hello,

as you have put it, an opportunity will have more than 1 products. This relationship cannot be displayed in advanced find.so your option is to create a report or run a query against filtered views.

could you elaborate on second requirement?.

regards,

Jithesh

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 8:54 AM
  • can you please explain what you mean by Query against filtered views?

Further explaination of question two: we want to make sure our sales personell can't write in their own products, but only choose from a price list.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 10:31 AM
  • Hello,

Filtered views are views created in CRM database for you. If you connect to the CRM database, there will be views starting with filtered eg. FilteredContact - is the view to see contacts in database.

the views are managed by CRM - means new field added to crm will be also added to the view.

for your second part of question, this can be achieved using security roles. Please remove create permissions on product for your sales team.

regards,

Jithesh

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 12:07 PM
  • In advanced find choose 'Opportunity Product' as the entity

This will list all products in Opportunities and then you can add and remove the columns you need - remember you can bring in fields from the related Opportunity - such as topic and status - and then you can filter the list on those

hope that helps

Andrew

stop making me create profiles

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 3:25 PM
  • In answer to the 2nd question - you can't remove the option... you can stop people using it.

If you use the forum to look for questions I've asked; you find a similar question from me and a good answer to it

EDIT: for unknown reasons MS have two CRM communities the threads you want are in the other community... just to confuse us all

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/127756.aspx

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/125286.aspx

• Edited by andy111111 Tuesday, September 9, 2014 3:39 PM
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 3:28 PM