Shatepoint Developer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am an Aspiring SharePoint Applications Developer with a Master Degree in Information System which I obtained in 2011. I have no previous certifications,and my academic learning background mostly consists of legacy programming in software languages from the late 80's up to the year 2000.  I am a transit from another industry with a dilemma because I have not used my Information Technology education to build my career in the Information Industry industry.

Today, I am targeting opportunities in SharePoint Applications and Development. Would someone please map my next steps for obtaining the correct certifications I would  need so I can begin for applying for a jobs in  SharePoint Environments.  Questions I need to address are in detail what do I need to do first, second, etc..

For example: Do I start with  Microsoft .NET 2.0 Windows Development MCTS 70-526, as my first certification? Are there any other requirements, or prerequisite for the certifications?

Thank you in advance  for your help.

Friday, February 22, 2013 1:52 PM

Answers

• Right now, a subset of the market is transiting to SharePoint 2013 for those on SharePoint 2007 / 2010. While some may still remains on SharePoint 2010. So, it may be an good option to start meddling around with Development around SharePoint 2010 and 2013.

Cheers.

Regards,
    Milton Goh
    MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, MCP
    Blog: blog.nerdytwo.com
    Twitter: @miltongoh

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Friday, March 1, 2013 5:51 PM
    Friday, February 22, 2013 4:42 PM