none
Welcome to the Microsoft world, where to start????? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

Could you please help me out?

I am new on Microsoft and I need to get fundamental and deep knowledge in Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, PowerShell, SCOM, SCCM and SQL.

What would be the path? Could you please tell me what would be the best order for those topics?

I really appreciate your guidance.

Also, if possible, could you please tell about good resources to catch on? 

Thank you very much for help.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 5:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• Aside from reading Technet/MSDN articles of interest, Microsoft Virtual Academy is a great place to start learning Microsoft. 

Content is ranked by beginner, intermediate or advanced so it's easier to know where to start.

HTH,

Phil Streiff, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSA

Thursday, May 10, 2018 5:59 PM
  • You must prioritize what you learn based on what you will be using the most. We don't know that. Other than PowerShell, we don't even know how technical you need to be or if you need more of a management level understanding.

It is important to understand the difference between SQL and SQL Server. SQL Server is Microsoft software but SQL is a standard language that all major relational databases use.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Friday, May 11, 2018 3:42 AM
  • One site to think about is Pluralsight, they have a lot of great tutorials
    Friday, May 11, 2018 4:04 AM
  • hi,

As a Microsoft Partner, <removed advertising> offers Microsoft Dynamics X, ERP and CRM consulting services in the best category. To know more, contact us now!

<removed advertising>

Friday, May 11, 2018 4:50 AM