none
convert or open Money 99 file in Sunset RRS feed

• Question

• I have an old vista computer that was running MS Money 99. I just bought a Windows 10 pc and am trying to get it all setup brining over my data and programs.  I tried to install Money 99 on the windows 10, but it said it was not compatible.  So I  installed Sunset as it says this is the money replacement but it will not open my money 99 file.  I was reading some forums that said you need to install Money 2005 to upgrade the file and then Sunset will open it.  But the link to Money 2005 doesn't seem active.  Can someone please help?  Thanks. 
    Monday, January 23, 2017 4:09 AM

Answers

• If you are in the US, see the thread titled "Money 2004 Trial Download on WaybackMachine.org"

Uninstall Sunset temporarily. Download the file discussed there. Disconnect from the internet. Set your computer's date to 1/1/2004. Install the Money 2004 trial, and use that to convert your Money 2009 file to a 2004 file. Then install Sunset. Open the 2004 file with Sunset.

• Marked as answer by Yoshi 00 Friday, January 27, 2017 11:23 PM
    Monday, January 23, 2017 5:36 AM

All replies

• If you are in the US, see the thread titled "Money 2004 Trial Download on WaybackMachine.org"

Uninstall Sunset temporarily. Download the file discussed there. Disconnect from the internet. Set your computer's date to 1/1/2004. Install the Money 2004 trial, and use that to convert your Money 2009 file to a 2004 file. Then install Sunset. Open the 2004 file with Sunset.

• Marked as answer by Yoshi 00 Friday, January 27, 2017 11:23 PM
    Monday, January 23, 2017 5:36 AM
  • Yes I am in the US so hopefully the fix above will work for me.  Thanks for the guidance.  

One quick question.  Since I have have 2 PCs, does it make sense to run this update on the Old PC that is running MS money 99.  That PC is not running Sunset so I wouldnt have to uninstall.  But I am not sure what this Money 2004 Trial download will do to the Money 99 on the old machine.  Which machine is better or doesn't it matter?  

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 2:50 PM
  • If you want to continue to run Money 99 on the old machine, I would not install the 2004 file on that. I would do it all on the new machine.

However Money 99 will not be able to read the Money Sunset files.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 2:54 PM
  • Cal.   Thank you so very much.  This worked perfectly.  I will eventually decommission my old PC but figured it was best to keep Money 99 intact and working on that machine just in case.  I did the Money 2004 trial on my new machine which upgraded the 99 file then I reinstalled Sunset and it converted the 2004.  Worked like a charm.  I am now exactly where I need to be.  I really appreciate the help!  
    Friday, January 27, 2017 11:26 PM
  • hello , I am trying to do this but I am not in US .. Any advice? 
    Saturday, October 7, 2017 5:20 PM
  • You can download the Money 2005 version appropriate to your area. See what is currently the second post in this forum. That is probably what you would want to do if you have trouble installing Money 99 onto your new computer.

If you were trying to use Money Plus Sunset, that will not read an existing Money file that is not from a North American version of Money.

You could do QIF export from Money 99 and import that into Money Plus. You would lose some information in the process.

Saturday, October 7, 2017 8:42 PM