OCS not passing dial tones via Keypad RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone had a problem with OCS not passing dial tones via the keypad?  (e.g. you call a number that has an automated attentant and you have to use a dial by name directory sort of thing) 

In our environment this stopped working all the sudden.  You call a number an try to enter the appropriate numbers/letters and nothing happens as a result.  It appears the tones are never passed.

Thursday, October 8, 2009 2:10 PM

All replies

• If you are integrated with Cisco for EV take a look at this article: http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/mcgillen_matt/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=62

Otherwise can you share some specifics of your deployment? e.g. Direct SIP or media gateway?
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 2:56 PM

• Could be a few things - DTMF tones being dropped or the call not being recognised as answered.

I have OCS going via Asterisk to the outside world.  I found this with Snom 300 phones compared to the OC desk client.

For example - our long distance requires a 5 digit code.  The desk OC client works fine.  The Snom 300's did not.

Our telecom provider was sending a '127 response code', NOT actually answering the call.  My solution?  I set Asterisk to answer outgoing long distance calls first - then call the long distance number out.  The Snom phones then work fine - the desk OC client continue to work fine.

I had a Linksys SPA-3102 device not sending DTMF codes correctly - I changed the method it used to send DTMF (I think to inband) & it worked fine.

Hope this helps...

Regards

Paul Adams
    Friday, October 9, 2009 4:45 PM
  • Hi
    Any update for your issue?

Regards!
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:11 AM