PROBLEM: Microsoft won't tell me the email associated with my credit card charge. RRS feed

• Question

• I signed up for Microsoft Office 365 for the free 30-day trial.  When I tried to cancel, there was NO active subscription to choose to cancel.  I figured it didn't auto renew.  I saw the charge on my credit card and attempted to dispute it.  I gave Microsoft the credit card number used and they FLAT OUT REFUSED to tell me what email was associated with the credit card charge.  How can I cancel a subscription if I don't know what email was entered and they won't tell me?  I had an over a hour circular conversation with a lady that did zero good.  She claims the email is MASKED and can't tell me the account associated with the charge.  WHY is this Microsoft?  I'd like to know what email I entered!  If I'm giving you the credit card information, you should be able to tell me what email it's linked to.  Your representative told me to file a fraud claim with my credit card bank.  That's illegal.  It's not a fraudulent charge, it's a wrong email entered that resulted in a charge.  I'm a very unhappy customer and won't be doing any more business with Microsoft in the future.  It's appalling to charge someone and not tell them the email information linked to the account to cancel the free trial.  What gives?  That's no way to do business.
    Friday, September 22, 2017 5:25 PM

All replies

• Call them back, if you get the right agent or a reasonable manager they can help you out. I assure you nothing is masked. The non specialized phone agents are trained not to give out information because its a security risk.
    Friday, September 22, 2017 5:38 PM