Office validation failure refers to wrong version RRS feed

• Question

• I bought my computer in 2002 and had Office XP Professional installed by the manufacturer (Dell). Now I get messages stating that Office XP Small Business has failed validation - but i dont have that version! I cant uninstall and reinstall what i dont have.
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 1:52 PM

Answers

• "Joyce Williamson" wrote in message news:846b3524-9a43-4480-93a5-83a4abef0939...
    I bought my computer in 2002 and had Office XP Professional installed by the manufacturer (Dell). Now I get messages stating that Office XP Small Business has failed validation - but i dont have that version! I cant uninstall and reinstall what i dont have.
    Please download the MGADiag tool from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012
    Run the download - then click on Continue to generate the report. Click on the Copy button when it's available, and then paste the results into your reply.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, August 11, 2010 8:36 PM
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 8:53 PM

All replies

• "Joyce Williamson" wrote in message news:846b3524-9a43-4480-93a5-83a4abef0939...
    I bought my computer in 2002 and had Office XP Professional installed by the manufacturer (Dell). Now I get messages stating that Office XP Small Business has failed validation - but i dont have that version! I cant uninstall and reinstall what i dont have.
    Please download the MGADiag tool from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012
    Run the download - then click on Continue to generate the report. Click on the Copy button when it's available, and then paste the results into your reply.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, August 11, 2010 8:36 PM
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 8:53 PM
  • No reply from Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 8:36 PM