WHS 2011 FTP and Download Speed Very Slow RRS feed

• General discussion

• Before installing WHS 2011 I was using SBS 2011 on my server I would use FTP and internet explorer to download content from my seed box. I would be downloading at a constant 11-12mb/s on my 100mb conenction. But since the install of WHS the max speed i've managed to achieve is 1.2mb/s from both FTP and interner explorer. However if i speedtest my server using speedtest.net it shows that the connection speed is 100mb/s.

I have eliminated the router this is setup correctly, I have also ruled out a hardware problem as it worked perfectly before the install of WHS. To this day my desktop has no problems maxing out my 100mb connection, so this also rules out and internet connection issue.

Any help would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 2:26 PM

All replies

• A couple of things to try:

1. On the chance that it's a driver issue between WHS 2011 and your current NIC, install another (different) NIC and see if speeds improve.
    2. Try swapping out the network cable. Even though it worked better before WHS2011, cables can weaken. Doesn't hurt to double-check.
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:37 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I tried both of your suggestions but unfortunatly with no success. I tried a dedicated network card and there was no change and i also tried a series of different network cables.

Thanks.

Friday, November 11, 2011 5:39 PM