WHS Connector install fails RRS feed

• Question

• My whs was acting flaky, so I thought I would reinstall the server software and then hook up my data drives and have them added back to the data pool. I had a 120 gb drive that I installed the server software on. When I hooked up my data drives, the only thing I saw in the console was the option to add the drive to the data pool, which would format the drive and all my data would be lost. I am in the process of copying my data to the pool from my old drives before adding them.

I thought I would uninstall the whs connector software from my main client machine. It didn't want to uninstall. I finally used the Windows Installer cleanup utility to remove it. Now I am having problems trying to reinstall the connector software on my Vista Ultimate 64-bit machine. I can use Windows Explorer and navigate to the server and open the software shared folder and start the installer. It goes so far and throws an error:

Could not open key:

UNKNOWN\Components\7F0DB2FC1AA21C343B116E18F2BA4181\49794E1231C748E4689555DB7328765D. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

When I click the OK button, the installer backs out, but I now have a red whs icon in my tray. It says it cannot connect to my home server and tries to repair the connection, but times out. I tried to uninstall the connector software from control panel, but it is not listed there now.

I cannot find any such key searching the registry.

Where to from here?

Randall Davis

IUOE Local 101
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:12 AM

All replies

• I have exactly same problem.

Went to reinstall connector (software from the server via :55000)

Exactly same error and am running the setup as Administrator.

Am using W7 Ultimate and have signed in as Administrator and run setup same result, same error message.

Did you ever find a solution?

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 1:07 PM