Mediation Server - Is it required RRS feed

• Question

• I am considering deploying OCS without Enterprise Voice as I have a VOIP/PBX. From what I can tell this should mean I don't need a mediation server. Is this correct or am I missing something.

If I do still need a Mediation Server can anyone share any sizing information (CPU, Memory etc, Concurrency etc). Also I know that the Mediation can't be installed on another server hosting other OCS roles but has anyone seen it implemented on the same physical box running  the Exchange Unified Messaging role.

Thanks.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:58 PM

All replies

• The mediation server is only required to interface with a media gateway when you deploy enterprise voice.  From what you described it does not sound like you have the need for a mediation server.  For reference, the sizing information can be found in the OCS 2007 Planning Guide.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 5:34 PM
  • Is the point that you dont want the implement Enterprise Voice because you have a VoIP solution already?  Do you currently use that vendors softphones or do you not have that large of a remote workforce?  We also have a VoIP solution (Call Manager) and have it integrated into OCS as we are consultants on the road all the time. 

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:08 PM