says my subscription will cancell in 7 days RRS feed

• Question

• store bought product, Getting msg that I have to sing up for subscription. When I go to redo it I get a message that my key product # is allready in use. downloaded fix install did not help. Any advice?

Sunday, December 30, 2007 2:22 AM

Answers

• Steve ,I called microsoft today they gave me a new key and changed email. Things are great now. This issue has been resolved. Thank you for your help

Sue

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 1:36 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure that I understand your problem. Is this a new subscription that you are trying to activate with a new retail key? Or is this a reinstall of OneCare that you are now trying to activate? If it is a reinstall, you need to use the same LiveID that was used when you first subscribed, the key cannot be used again. If it is a new install and you do not already have a subscription, but the process reports that your key has been used previously, you should exchange the product at the retail store as it may be a rare, duplicated retail product key.

-steve

Monday, December 31, 2007 2:40 AM
  • Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you.

It is a new product that I installed on my computer got subscription ect. It worked fine for about 1 wk than I did not see the icon for about 2 or three days when it was back up it said i needed a subscription. It say associate this pc with onecare

or somthing simalar to that. when I go to put in the code off the back of the package it says it has been previously used, I am asuming when I first installed it. My subscription now is cancelled I have tried to uninstall it and reinstall to no avail. I am really not a computer whiz ,but I do know my way around. If you have any sugestions please let me know. I have written for help ,but have recieved no response. It has been about a week. Realy apreciate any help.

thanks

Sue

Monday, January 7, 2008 2:21 AM
  • Steve My problem sound the same as the people that the subscription was cancelled because of a billing error. Except my product was bought at a retail store so I have no billed account.

Thanks

Sue

Monday, January 7, 2008 2:32 AM
  •  curly sue wrote:

Steve My problem sound the same as the people that the subscription was cancelled because of a billing error. Except my product was bought at a retail store so I have no billed account.

Thanks

Sue

Hello, Sue.

Sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com with the LiveID you subscribed with (during the original activation) to verify your subscription status. Since it says that your key was used, it was probably used by you. Also, based on your original post regarding the expiration, check the PC date a time. If support does not get back to you to help, please reply here with the case number and I'll have someone investigate the case.

-steve

Monday, January 7, 2008 7:13 PM
  • Steve ,I called microsoft today they gave me a new key and changed email. Things are great now. This issue has been resolved. Thank you for your help

Sue

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 1:36 AM
  • Excellent, Sue!

-steve

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 1:51 AM