Problem with AVG being recognized as updated by WHS RRS feed

• Question

• I use AVG 9.0 on my client computers and it updates sometimes twice a day. Every day I get a <critical> message from WHS that my anti-virus is out of date and needs to be updated. Even after it has been updated WHS tells me that my WHS network is critical. I have checked the box to have WHS ignore that message but it continues to happen every day. It looks like my Home network is in critical condition all the time. Is there a way to stop that? Any suggestions would be appreciated. 
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 1:31 AM

All replies

• If the Security Center sees the antivirus solution out of date or not running, it is instantly reporting such stuff to all who may be concerned. One of those is Windows Home Server.
    Unfortunately I don't know of a way to ignore these warnings forever.
    Would it help to configure the Security Center settings on the client in the way, that you have an Antivirus solution which you monitor yourself (not sure about the wording, depends also from the OS)?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 10:13 AM
  • Hi
    I think the issue is that the AV (probably still McAfee?) on your WHS is out of date. That will pop up on the WHS Connector icon. This can be confusing as it is the same place tht AVG wold pop up with a similar warning.

Gerrit
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 9:55 PM