none
Questions for MCTS: Microsoft .NET Framework 4, Web Applications Development (70-515) exam RRS feed

• Question

• AssalamOalikum, Hope you are doing well.

I have enrolled for MCTS Web Applications (70-515) exam.It’s a 2.45 hours exam and it’s my first ever Microsoft exam so I have some questions. It would be great help if you can answer these questions.

1. What is the exam pattern? There would be 100 multiple choice questions in 2.45 hours?

2. What is the pass percentage?

3. I have read this Book MCTS_Self_Paced_Training_Kit_Exam_70_515 provided by Microsoft for preparation of this exam, Is it enough? Or some other resources are required to prepare for the exam? If yes, Can you please direct me for appropriate material?

Many thanks for your guidance and help.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:34 AM

Answers

• 1. Most of the exam is based on multiple-choice questions, but there can be a small number of questions that follow a different pattern. Microsoft reserves the right to change the question types at any time. But no, there are not 100 questions, the number is significantly smaller. It varies from exam to exam, and once again Microsoft can change it at any time, but you can expect somewhere between 45 and 70 questions.

2. The passing score is 700 out of 1000. But it is not necessarily a percentage; the questions are graded on a (non-publicized) scale, so the actual number of questions that you need to get right could be more or could be less than 70%.

3. Yes, this is a good book. If you have studied the book and you also have a reasonable amount of experience writing ASP.NET applications, then you should be able to pass the exam without problems.

As to other resources, make sure that you have gone over the "Skills Measured" list in the exam description page, and verify that you have knowledge on each of the subjects mentioned there. https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam-70-515.aspx

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:45 AM