CRM 2013 change business process flow STAGE by plugins (cross entity) RRS feed

• Question

• hi , i have created entity A and entity B

i have created a custom business process flow which stage 1&2 are about entity A and stage 3&4 are about entity B.

when i open form of entity A , i can see the flow 's stage 3 & 4 are locked.

now the case is that i dont want to click the default "Next Stage" button to proceed from stage 2 to stage 3.

thus, i have created a button in the form of entity A, i click it then it can trigger a plugin.

can i implement something so that i can unlocked stage 3&4 after clicked the button?

note that the plugin is already created an entity B and set the lookup of it to entity A, also its stageid and processid are set correctly to the custom business process flow's stage 3 id and process id.

thanks!

a

Friday, November 8, 2013 7:27 AM

All replies

• hi , i have created entity A and entity B

i have created a custom business process flow which stage 1&2 are about entity A and stage 3&4 are about entity B.

when i open form of entity A , i can see the flow 's stage 3 & 4 are locked.

now the case is that i dont want to click the default "Next Stage" button to proceed from stage 2 to stage 3.

thus, i have created a button in the form of entity A, i click it then it can trigger a plugin.

can i implement something so that i can unlocked stage 3&4 after clicked the button?

note that the plugin is already created an entity B and set the lookup of it to entity A, also its stageid and processid are set correctly to the custom business process flow's stage 3 id and process id.

thanks!

a

I want to move the Business Process Flow Stage from one to another. The requirement is "On the closure of an opportunity as won, the process flow should move to next stage". The next stage belongs to some other entity. Currently, we have to click "Next Stage" button to move. Can this be done programmatically? Is it supported to change the stageid using plugin/Workflow?Also, is it possible to do it across two different entities or it works with in the same entity? On closure of Opportunity i tried updating the stageid and processid of the next entity's record. It works well with in the same entity but not on cross entities. Any solution? Thanks in advance.
    Thursday, February 27, 2014 3:46 AM
  • Hi,

Isnt it that the code you have written sufficient to move to new entity(Stage 3 and Stage 4 are for second entity so they should be locked on Entity A) . I think only thing you need to do is open that entity form after updating stageid,processid .

Regards,

Deepesh

http://dynamicsofdynamicscrm.wordpress.com/

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 10:41 PM