Extremely slow synchronization? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi -

I am synchronizing My Documents from my Storage Card on my HTC Touch Pro. There are probably a couple hundred files in there. Synchronization is pretty slow - particularly the first phase when it is looking for things to synchronize. It probably takes about 3-4 minutes.

I was hoping for this to be about as transparent as Live Mesh is on my PC.
    • Edited by asty1 Sunday, November 2, 2008 4:57 PM
    Sunday, November 2, 2008 4:57 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the feedback asty1 and Jef. In case of large number of files, the time taken to sync also includes the meta information about the files along with the file contents themselves - which is why the sum of the parts seems to take longer than the whole.

Tuning for performance requires metrics from actual users, and your feedback shall help us optimize the sync time better in future versions.

Keep the feedback/complaints/annoyances/requests coming!

Thanks,
    Archis
    A Jedi in the making!
    Sunday, November 2, 2008 10:23 PM

All replies

• Mine is very slow too :(

I thought it might be due to the EVDO connection (Verizon EVDO Rev A), but even on WiFi.   It seems to be on the "looking for local changes" and "preparing to sync" stage that takes forever.

I am on a XV6800.

I just do a sync before I go to bed, and hope it finishes when I wake up.
    Sunday, November 2, 2008 5:17 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback asty1 and Jef. In case of large number of files, the time taken to sync also includes the meta information about the files along with the file contents themselves - which is why the sum of the parts seems to take longer than the whole.

Tuning for performance requires metrics from actual users, and your feedback shall help us optimize the sync time better in future versions.

Keep the feedback/complaints/annoyances/requests coming!

Thanks,
    Archis
    A Jedi in the making!
    Sunday, November 2, 2008 10:23 PM
  • I also have an XV6800 and experience a L O N G delay with "looking for local changes". Once it finally starts it seems to go through most of the files pretty quickly. I have maybe 100 files in several subfolders in the main folder I am syncing. These are mainly very small, under 20K. A few are around 1mb but that is only maybe 5 of them. I have also had to try to sync several times as it appears to only do some of the files, then quit. I am in an EVDO Rev-A area, so internet speed is good.
    Friday, November 7, 2008 3:30 PM
  • Hi Archis,

Would you have some tips as how to speed up the synchronization?   I also find the synchronization very slow and I have less than 100 files total in my mesh and they are all text files.

I have an AT&T Tilt, running on 3G network (HSDPA or whatever it's called I see the 'H' icon at the top), WM 6.1

Thanks,

-v

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:21 PM
  • I am also experiencing this long delay in which the client says "Looking for Local Changes."

The files I want to sync are very small, but for some reason nothing has gone through after 10 minutes. Any ideas?
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:25 AM