2 dynamic drive letters RRS feed

• Question

• Synctoy 2.0 is able to find changing drive letters. However, I am using synctoy between 2 drives with changing drive letters. For instance I want to sync files between O: and V:. Both drives are flash drives. I have defined a sync pair, and the program works fine. However, the next time I start Synctoy, the pair definition has been changed. In stead of left O: right V:, now I read left O: and right O: It now synchronizes on itself. What I need here is that this auto drive detection mechanisme should never end up with 2 the same drive letters for left and right.
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:21 PM

Answers

• I tried to reproduce your issue with two flash drives. But on reconnecting the drives, drive letters assigned the first time are recovered, so am not getting into the same situation as you.

What OS are you using ?

Sameer
    Monday, March 30, 2009 7:37 PM

All replies

• I tried to reproduce your issue with two flash drives. But on reconnecting the drives, drive letters assigned the first time are recovered, so am not getting into the same situation as you.

What OS are you using ?

Sameer
    Monday, March 30, 2009 7:37 PM
  • Hello Sameer,

Thank you for trying to reproduce my issue. I am using TrueCrypt drives on Windoes XP Pro.

Cor
    Friday, April 3, 2009 7:25 AM