Content Advisor GPO for IE 7 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Content Advisor GPO for IE7

SBS 2003 XPSP2 clients.

I have set a group polcy for Internet Explorer (on the server through the GPMC console).  Most of the settings are processing on the clients; for example options lock out, title bar captions, home page, help page, etc..

I turned on Content Advisor on the Server to create a "profile" to import into the Security section of Internet Explorer group policy under content advisor.  I am using it in policy mode not preference mode.  I made sure to turn on Internet Explorer Maitanence

Policy Processing = enabled under computer settings-admin templates-system-group policy

I linked the GPO to an OU and dropped a test user in.

I created a global group InternetRestriction and applied security filtering to that group and the domain computers group in the GPO.

I logged on to a XPSP2 domain computer as that user and as stated above, all Internet Explorer Group Policy settings are being apllied, that is everything but the content advisor, The sole reason I created the Group Policy object in the first place.

I did a group policy modeling and the policy does list as processed for the user I am logging in as.

Please Help! My client is breathing down my neck to lockdown IE7 and the Content Advsior policy is not processing.

Thanks,

ElaborateIT

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 7:33 AM

All replies

• I am experiencing the exact same problem.  Did you ever find a solution to this?

Mark

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:42 PM