Can the product key reuse? RRS feed

• Question

• recently I send my netbook to a computer shop to format my windows 7 starter.. When I claimed my netbook, I was shock to see my windows is still unactivate. when I told them they activate it for me but after installing Microsoft Security Essential, it says it's not genuine. I would like to ask if my old windows 7 starter product can be use back to activate my windows? 

After formating the windows is still windows 7 starter.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 3:05 PM

Answers

• Please observe announce 1 above.

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.  We to see it to determine what the shop may have done.

In order to restore your original copy of Windows you will need to contact your manufacturer for the software and instructions.  You haven't given us any useful details like the make and model of the computer, etc.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 4:11 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Please observe announce 1 above.

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.  We to see it to determine what the shop may have done.

In order to restore your original copy of Windows you will need to contact your manufacturer for the software and instructions.  You haven't given us any useful details like the make and model of the computer, etc.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 4:11 PM
    Answerer
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:45 PM