No attachments are sent after upgrade to CRM 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• My account was upgraded to Dynamic CRM 2015 yesterday and after the upgrade email attachments (from templates) are no longer sent with email.

Previously I have email templates with body and Microsoft Word document attached to email template, than I selected list of contacts and pressed "Send direct email" button, all my emails were sent with attachment, but now it's only email body without attachment.

Does anybody has similar issue? Anyway to fix it?

Thanks,
    Alex Shapovalov
    .NET Developer

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 3:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Alex.

I'm able to reproduce this.

Go to Settings-->Templates-->Email Templates-->Mail MErge templates--> select all mail merge templates
    Create a  new one  or change an existing one adding an attachment
    Save  and then go to 
    Go to Outlook --> crm --> contacts --> select a contact --> send direct e-mail 
    Select the template with the attachement, the atatchment, is not sent

I'm in CRM 2015  (7.0.0.3543) (bd 7.0.0.3543)

If i'm in the web browser i got the same issue.

I found a wokaround .

In UI select a contact --> go to activities-->add new activity --> select EMAIL -->set a subject and save. , then select -->insert template--> select the template , send .

The attachments will be delivered in the email.

Monday, June 1, 2015 11:50 PM
  • Hello Alex,

I believe this is a bug which was reported with release of CRM 2015 and Microsoft promised to fix it in Update 1.

I have just replicated the same scenario, sending emails to accounts thru "Send Direct Email" and selecting a template which had an attachment and it worked like a charm. I did this on a CRM 2015 update 1 trial.

So you would have to wait till this is rolled out for you. Until then you will have to live with the workaround suggested by Helio.

Hope it helps!

Regards, Abhishek Bakshi If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Check my blog on https://mydynamicscrmblog.wordpress.com/

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 5:35 AM
  • This problem can worked around by constructing an On Demand Workflow with a Send Message Step.  Use the regular message rather than a template.

The attachment is maintained if you send via this method.  It's a little instruction to show the users how to create templates this way but it gets you out of situation where this feature is a show stopper.

Friday, June 5, 2015 8:15 PM
  • I had a scenario where I needed to send an email with attachment to 1000 contacts.

The solution by Dave_Harris was an option that was considered. I did a quick test and every time I sent out an email it generated a new row (different Attachment GUID) to the Attachment table in SQL db.

For my scenario One single Attachment being sent would have generated 1000+ entries to this table.

This was very inefficient, would dramatically increase the size of the Database and also cause performance problems in the long term.

Solution: https://crmcustomemails.codeplex.com/ ....developed by Ramon Tebar MVP

This solution helps you choose an email template and attachment to be used. It will also will only create 1 entry in your the Attachment Table instead of 1000.

Saturday, June 6, 2015 12:10 AM