WINDOWS MCE 2005 OEM activation RRS feed

• Question

• hi, i had a Gateway PC came with XP MCE 2005. I required to re-install the OS for some maintaince/repair work, and everytime after OS installation - i required to activate the OS online. Further, I had done significant upgradation on the PC later and after booting - OS said, due to major hardware change, i require activation again online. while i click to activate - it says that i have already reach the limit, I am not able to activate it more!! I hv the original OEM CD with serial number. Let me knw if i can use this further and hw will i activate it?

thnx. 

Saturday, June 11, 2011 3:48 PM

Answers

• "Novteez" wrote in message news:84bb11eb-1ef0-4fc9-8550-565450528a3a...

hi, i had a Gateway PC came with XP MCE 2005. I required to re-install the OS for some maintaince/repair work, and everytime after OS installation - i required to activate the OS online. Further, I had done significant upgradation on the PC later and after booting - OS said, due to major hardware change, i require activation again online. while i click to activate - it says that i have already reach the limit, I am not able to activate it more!! I hv the original OEM CD with serial number. Let me knw if i can use this further and hw will i activate it?

thnx. 

Use telephone activation.
    If it won't activate through the automated system, hang up and redial the number - this time do NOT respond when the ansafone asks which service you require. You will eventually be forwarded to a live operator who can assist.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:23 PM
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 4:21 PM

All replies

• "Novteez" wrote in message news:84bb11eb-1ef0-4fc9-8550-565450528a3a...

hi, i had a Gateway PC came with XP MCE 2005. I required to re-install the OS for some maintaince/repair work, and everytime after OS installation - i required to activate the OS online. Further, I had done significant upgradation on the PC later and after booting - OS said, due to major hardware change, i require activation again online. while i click to activate - it says that i have already reach the limit, I am not able to activate it more!! I hv the original OEM CD with serial number. Let me knw if i can use this further and hw will i activate it?

thnx. 

Use telephone activation.
    If it won't activate through the automated system, hang up and redial the number - this time do NOT respond when the ansafone asks which service you require. You will eventually be forwarded to a live operator who can assist.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:23 PM
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 4:21 PM
  • In order to analyze and troubleshoot your issue, please download and run the  Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool.  Then click on the  Continue  button, the  Copy  button, and then paste in this thread.  Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Sunday, June 12, 2011 12:38 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:23 PM