AudioCodes Mediant 1000 - Controller failure alarm Proxy Set 0: Proxy lost. looking for another proxy RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I configured the AudioCodes Mediant gateway with OCS, and everything is working as expected, but I have this error on the gateway
    Controller failure alarm Proxy Set 0: Proxy lost. looking for another proxy
    What does this mean ?

Thanks
    Monday, November 2, 2009 8:08 PM

Answers

• I don't suspect that it had to do with your syslog being on, looking at the error better and comparing to my Gateway it appears that there was a misconfiguration on your proxy set id 0 in your Proxy Sets Table that it could not communicate with whatever you had specified for your mediation server IP, alternately you may have entered the right information but it could not communicate with the mediation server IP address.

Whether it was resolved by putting the right information in the Mediant or by network routing the error is cleared.

Thanks
    Habib
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:33 PM

All replies

• Claus-Ole;

Just a couple questions :

Where are you seeing this error? Is it in the logs, do you have the server configured for sys logs or just the realtime logging?
    What do you have configured under your proxy settings in your gateway?

How is your envionment setup?
    Are you sending all calls to OCS or are you splitting them between OCS and Exchange UM at the gateway?

Thanks
    Habib

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:13 PM
  • Hi Habib,

I see this error from the web interface =>Active Alarms

Syslog server is Disabled <= I disabled this the last time I saw the error...

Proxy Settings:
     - Use Default Proxy: Yes
     - Proxy Name is the IP adr. of the OCS Mediation server

All calls are routed to and from OCS, no Exchange UM in this setup

But Right now I don't see this error, maby it was the Syslog Enabled to a IP not responding...

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:20 AM
  • I don't suspect that it had to do with your syslog being on, looking at the error better and comparing to my Gateway it appears that there was a misconfiguration on your proxy set id 0 in your Proxy Sets Table that it could not communicate with whatever you had specified for your mediation server IP, alternately you may have entered the right information but it could not communicate with the mediation server IP address.

Whether it was resolved by putting the right information in the Mediant or by network routing the error is cleared.

Thanks
    Habib
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:33 PM