Getting technical support RRS feed

• Question

•  

The instructions for getting support do not work. We are instructed to click on "contact support" then "get support". These do not exsist. There are no phone numbers for contacting support anywhere either. My automatic backup is failing every time and I need to SPEAK with someone that knows the settings well.

I am very tired of service providers that do not provide service. They only provide prepackaged basic answers to prepackaged basic questions. Product support, which is being paid for by the consumer, is not being provided by product manufacturers anymore. It being provided by blogging networks of consumers that sick of not getting the support they are paying for.

I expect Windows Live One Care and Windows Live ID to make it very easy for me to contact a Windows LIVE PERSON to assist me in keeping my system running well.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 5:04 PM

Answers

• The posted instructions do indeed lead to support, but they can be problematic to follow and the process sometimes fails.

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4147211&SiteID=2

I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 7:44 PM