Configure Backup to New PC Fails RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I start my main computer, Live One Care is in yellow status.  It says I must configure backup for new PC but all of my other PC's have their own backup to their own external hard drives.  I can't seem to clear the condition, it always says "unable to configure, try again later".  It's a little annoying to always have my Live One Care in condition yellow.
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 2:14 PM

Answers

• If all of the PCs in yoru Circle are backing up successfully and in green status, but the Hub PC is incorrectly reporting the status of backup on one of the PCs in yoru Circle, please see this thread regarding "false alarms" and some options to try to correct that problem.

Incorrect Status & False Alarms

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Friday, August 7, 2009 12:08 PM

All replies

• Is this a hub PC in a Circle and it is reporting the status on one of your Circle PCs? Or are you referring to configuring backup on a single PC? On each PC, not in the Manage OneCare Circle view, is backup configured and working?
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 2:58 PM
  • If all of the PCs in yoru Circle are backing up successfully and in green status, but the Hub PC is incorrectly reporting the status of backup on one of the PCs in yoru Circle, please see this thread regarding "false alarms" and some options to try to correct that problem.

Incorrect Status & False Alarms

-steve

Friday, August 7, 2009 12:08 PM